1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Recordings Folder

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by abovethesink, Sep 9, 2013.

1. abovethesink

abovethesink Member

Aug 26, 2013
    What does this thing do? It feels like a legacy feature that just was never removed. Nothing goes there and I seem to have no ability to send anything there. It just sits empty. I'd love to be able to send everything I record there or to a specific folder that needs to be opened for the sake of clutter removal, but it doesn't seem possible. What function does this folder serve?

2. brettatk

brettatk Thread Killer

Oct 11, 2002
    Smyrna, GA
    On my TiVo HD and Roamio any show that records in HD shows up in my HD Recordings Folder.

3. Big Boy Laroux

Big Boy Laroux New Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Agree it is is pretty useless these days. And actually, i have never used it, so it's been useless for me from the start. Most stuff is HD, and TiVo labels it as HD as well.

but it sounds like you're not recording anything in HD if nothing shows there.

4. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Agreed- it will point to any HD program (not sure what it looks at to determine it), but at this point it is unnecessary. Unlike the OP, nearly all of my programs show up there.

5. abovethesink

abovethesink Member

Aug 26, 2013
    I don't get much of anything that isn't HD. Time Warner did away with all the non-HD channels a few months back.

6. Big Boy Laroux

Big Boy Laroux New Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Interesting. No clue why you don't get anything in those folders, then...

7. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I wish they had an SD folder instead of an HD folder.

8. Bwatford141

Bwatford141 Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Agreed!!

9. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I record mostly SD, so the majority of things that show up there are the various CNET video podcasts that I download.