1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Menus

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by pmalve, Jul 14, 2012.

1. pmalve

pmalve New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    I'm a new tivo owner and i have wht might be a stupid question. Actually 2 of them.
    1 My Tivo menus, only some of them come in hd. Others such as my wishlist and recording options pages are in sd. I have the setting to hd. Any suggestions or is that the way it is? In the manual the hd screens that i get in sd look great and i would like to get those.
    2 Is there just a 1 button option to get to my recorded shows menu? Ive had cable dvr's for a long time and you could just push the dvr button on remote and your recordings menu came up.

Thanks for your help. Amazing forum with a lot of good answers. Almost got my pytivo to work.

2. CraigK

CraigK (unspecified)

Jun 9, 2006
    North of...
    1. The answer to this question will depend on which kind of TiVo do you have? The model number is on the back and starts with TCD.

2. Press the "TiVo" button twice to get to the list of shows you've recorded.

3. pmalve

pmalve New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    I have the premier xl4

4. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    Hello pmalve, and welcome to the TiVo Community is 'p' for Paul?

1. When using the DVR with the HD Menus some of the menu are still in SD there is nothing wrong with your DVR. Most of the menus that are still in SD are under the Settings and System information. And as you noticed the Wishlist. Good news is TiVo is working on new HD menus according to this thread Changes in the TiVo Premiere 20.2.1.1 update

2. The TiVo button will take you to TiVo Central press it again and you are in "My Shows" or "Now Playing".

5. seattlewendell

seattlewendell New Member

Jan 11, 2006
    No, the answer to the question does not vary depending on which kind of TiVo.
    The OP has some portion of screens in HD and some portion in SD.
    The answer is 'yes, that is just the way it is', an no there is no way to change all the menus to HD. This is the same for ALL the Tivo models which is as the OP described, (part HD part SD menus).

Original question:
    "Any suggestions or is that the way it is? In the manual the hd screens that i get in sd look great and i would like to get those."

6. pmalve

pmalve New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Thanks for the quick replies. Love the TiVo so far except for not being able to just push one button on remote to get to recorded list. Took a lot of patience to get cox to activate the plus channels as they kept saying I needed their whole home dvr service to receive those channels. Must say though that there customer service people were great. Just was hard for them to find the codes to activate plus channels on cable card..

7. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    I imagine you'll find all sorts of shortcuts to navigate the menus as you use the TiVo more. For example, when watching content left will bring you back to the menu you were on when launching the show.

8. dianebrat

dianebrat drastically off narrative TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Pressing the Tivo button twice is pretty darn close. If you use a universal remote there is a code for a function named List that does get you to the now playing list with 1 press.

9. pmalve

pmalve New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    I use a harmony 700 remote. With the cox dvr there was a list button but dont see one on it set up for tivo.

10. dianebrat

dianebrat drastically off narrative TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    It's a legacy button from the S1 units, but it should be available in one of the Tivo profiles.

11. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    TiVo remote control shortcuts that you may also find handy New Almost Complete TiVo Codes List

12. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    I have the Logitech 880 and Harmoney one remote. I was using some of the older tivo models as the code for the remotes. Some how when programing the 880 remote a list button show up. I now have a list icon on my screen to list all of my recorded shows.

13. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I don't think 'List' is one of the preset commands that Logitec uses in the standard TiVo setup.
    I use an 880 and (IIRC) had to manually add the 'List' command when programming the additional buttons.

Does the 700 have additional buttons that you can program? Check your Logitec software. Under the activity that involves your Tivo, click 'Customize Buttons'. You should have a 'Standard Buttons' and a 'Additional Buttons' tab. Go to the additional buttons tab. When programming an extra button, the List command should be in the drop down window of choices.

14. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    A lot of those shortcuts either don't work at all or work differently if you're using the HDUI. 0,1,2 & 3 still work as before. 4 goes to the HDUI Search and 5 to "Browse TV & Movies". 6-9 don't do anything.

Edit: Slow toggles the video window on and off.