I don't think it's a procedural problem. I tried 3 cable cards previously multiple times over a couple of hours with Verizon as they tried different things. The cards had been activated and paired properly multiple times. I think it has something to do with older cable cards. The ones that failed to work on the Roamio with copy protected channels were in my devices for a couple of years. I've sent the information on the good and bad cable cards to Tivo so hopefully that will help. The older cable cards worked fine in the old Tivos. Hopefully they'll figure it out. It could be the cable cards or some software tweak with the Tivo to use the older ones. It's pure conjecture on my part since I have no idea on what the problem actually is.