1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hawaii 5-0/NCIS LA crossover

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by dylking, Apr 27, 2012.

1. dylking

dylking I've never farded

Jul 20, 2003
    St Paul, MN
    Hawaii 5-0 on 4/30 will cross over onto NCIS: LA on 5/01 (and vice versa) - If you only have a season pass for one or the other, you'll want to set up the opposite episode.

Just thought I'd share :)

2. Worf

Worf Active Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Thanks for that - I don't watch Hawaii Five-O at all

3. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Thankfully, I caught up with both of them. I hate crossover episodes if I don't watch one of the shows.

4. javabird

javabird Active Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle
    thanks, I don't watch NCIS usually :)

5. May 1, 2012 #5 of 17
    Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Isn't it strange that this is happening so late in the season? I thought the whole idea of crossover episodes was to entice a show's viewers to watch a different show to get them hooked...

6. May 1, 2012 #6 of 17
    Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    Doesn't it have to do with holding an audiance for the evening, due to the May sweeps period?

7. May 2, 2012 #7 of 17
    Worf

Worf Active Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Sounds about right. Though, then it becomes a question - are NCIS LA viewers likely to be also watching Hawaii Five-O, but Hawaii Five-O viewers are not likely to be watching NCIS LA?

And if that's the case, does it mean NCIS LA's numbers are bad and they want to prop it up with Hawaii Five-O viewers?

I wonder if we'll be seeing stations string together crossovers throughout the week on all their prime time shows. If it wasn't too late to do so, Fox would've had something from House through Fringe. Somehow.

8. May 2, 2012 #8 of 17
    dylking

dylking I've never farded

Jul 20, 2003
    St Paul, MN
    I remember, years ago NBC did a theme night - New York lost power, and all the shows that were in NYC dealt with a power outing in the show. I don't think I've ever seen a crossover across networks, though - just shows within a network, either characters or as a theme.

9. May 2, 2012 #9 of 17
    Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    IIRC, Ally McBeal (Fox) and Private Practice (ABC) had a crossover, back when David E. Kelley was a TV powerhouse...

10. kaszeta

kaszeta Fjohürs Lykkewe TCF Club

Jun 11, 2004
    Grantham, NH
    You mean "The Practice", not Private Practice. But that's the only clear cross-network crossover I can recall, although I vaguely recall David E Kelley doing this a few other times (I'm going to guess Boston Public/Boston Legal had a crossover). And I think Murphy Brown had one, too.

11. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I happen to watch both. I suspect it is NCIS:LA they are trying to boost. For example my sister watches Hawaii Five-O but has given up on NCIS:LA. I agree. There are some really great episodes but a number of lame ones.

12. MPSAN

MPSAN Active Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    DARN! Missed NCIS and wonder if it will be on again? I can see where to d/l it, but not sure if it will play if I access it from my THD if I save it on my Computer!

13. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Do you have cable? Perhaps you can find it OnDemand...

14. MPSAN

MPSAN Active Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    Well, my On Demand does not work as I have 3 THD's with MCards. Anyway, it IS on CBS.com and I will just hook up our laptop with SVideo and left and right audio and watch it that way on out TV!

15. Worf

Worf Active Member

Sep 15, 2000
    I never meant across networks, I meant across prime-time shows in a network. I mention House to Fringe, because they're Fox shows, with House on Mondays, and Fringe finishing up on Friday, and every prime-time Fox show would have something to move the entire arc forward. (And yes, the evilness of ending on a Friday night...).

I know there was one recently Fox did across American Dad, Family Guy and Cleveland show...

Anyhow, I liked the NCIS LA/Hawaii Five-O crossover. It was nicely done.

16. mae

mae member

Dec 10, 2001
    USA
    Another trans-network crossover was Detective Munch from Homicide on NBC (now on L&O:SVU) appear as a young patrolman on X Files on Fox.

17. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    I enjoyed it too. There were two things that were annoying as far as I'm concerned,
    one, the guy G killed, Dracul, was a long-term enemy, and to have him killed so "simply" and quickly, AND on H50 instead of NCIS LA was a bit of a letdown. The other was the shifting of the bad guy, from one guy, to Comescu (sp) to the first doctor, and finally to the second doctor.
    Aside from that, it was a well done cross-over story.

Nell cut her hair!