1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haven't Received Yahoo! Stuff..

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Xiteer, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Dec 8, 2005 #1 of 24
    Xiteer

Xiteer New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Hey guys..
    Just wondering whats going on with my TiVo service.. I still don't have the Yahoo! functions on my TiVo.. I placed myself on the priority list the day it came out but still nothing.. I'm at software version: 7.2.1-oth-01-2-540

Just forced a connection and nothing.

Thanks, Xiteer.

2. Dec 8, 2005 #2 of 24
    wgary

wgary New Member

Nov 22, 2003
    Don't feel bad... I'm in the same boat.

3. Dec 8, 2005 #3 of 24
    custer

custer 4 networked TiVo's

Jul 19, 2005
    Nothing here either - and I have four TiVo's and I'm on the priority list four times. None of them have it yet. :mad:

4. Dec 8, 2005 #4 of 24
    Xiteer

Xiteer New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Well at least its not just me :)

5. Dec 9, 2005 #5 of 24
    TiVoPony

TiVoPony New Member

May 11, 2002
    Alviso,...
  6. Dec 9, 2005 #6 of 24
    harperg

harperg New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    I will say I've been lucky and received my features a couple of days ago. I placed my two TiVos on the priority list sometime last week when I found out about it, and I'm able to use the Yahoo features less than a week later. Can't quite purchase movie tickets like it says on there, but I know that's a feature they're still working on. Hang in there, guys.

7. Xiteer

Xiteer New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Received the update today :)

Looks like they are getting to everyone, slowly but surely.

8. swinca

swinca Menace to society

Jun 19, 2003
    Jaw-ja y'all
    Don't know when it showed up, but I'm checking it out today. I'm listening to the Live365 music stream right now. I'm really enjoying it.

9. custer

custer 4 networked TiVo's

Jul 19, 2005
  10. macohenks

macohenks Member

Nov 6, 2003
    I'm still waiting here, too. I've put my service number on the list at least 4 times but still nothing. :thumbsdown:

11. angel35

angel35 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    NEW YORK CITY
    I got my yahoo two days ago all working

12. TiVoPony

TiVoPony New Member

May 11, 2002
    Alviso,...
    Priority List Update -

Just to let you guys know, we're making good progress on that priority list. We should get all of the way through it by the end of this week. :)

Cheers,
    Pony

13. Xiteer

Xiteer New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Oh,
    One more thing I noticed.. I must have found mine right when the update was happening or something because the first time I used the features everything was REALLY SLOW..

When I fired up my tivo the next day I had a message waiting about the new features... Now things are running somewhat faster.

Moral of the story, for those of you checking every 10 mins.. you might want to wait to get the "message" before you pass judgement :)

Xiteer

14. TiVo Steve

TiVo Steve New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Seattle WA.
    But wouldn't you know it...I just got Galleon configured and running on my VectorLinux box. I went downstairs to check the TiVo and there was the Yahoo stuff!
    The "movie" app blows the socks off the Galleon version!
    The Weather app is not as detailed, neither are the traffic conditions. But it's nice not to have to run a "server".

Good work TiVo. :up:

Now if only I had a way to "opt out" of the BestBuy and Nikon apps (without any serious hacking... :thumbsdown:

15. MrEdd

MrEdd New Member

Feb 24, 2005
    One problem... I got the message but still no update. I have software version 7.2.1-oth-01-2-264 which I believe is still old. Also I don't have the BestBuy and Nikon apps.

But what I do have is a message saying that all those nice features are waiting for me... I guess they are hiding?

16. interestingstuff

interestingstuff New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    philadelphia...
    does tivo have people working on the weekends to enter the codes? or do I have to wait for "business days" ontop of whatever my position in the waiting list?

(and yes, I read through the entire other thread on the rollout.)

17. AlexJS

AlexJS Rank Amateur

Jan 4, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    put myself on the list last week and i'm still waiting... :(

18. Stu_Bee

Stu_Bee New Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Silicon...
    I'd like to be able to hide/show/re-order all the apps in the Music, Pictures & more. I'm kinda surprised this wasn't added as a feature on rollout....it's getting quite congested in there.

19. john wiens

john wiens New Member

Dec 24, 2002
    York, PA
    I have two Tivo's the older unit model 140 is running v7.2.1a and Galleon v2.1.0 and has Yahoo Photos, games and other items under Music, Photos, & More. The problem is the newer unit model 540 is running v7.2.1 but both Galleon and Music, Photos, & More do not display anything. I can transfer from Tivo to Tivo, Tivo to PC and PC to Tivo. Any ideas. Thanks

20. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    I'd like that too. So much I even asked for it on the official TiVo feature request page.