1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone accessed a two tuner Premiere with the Mini?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by aaronwt, Mar 14, 2013.

1. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I just looked at my two tuner Premiere from my Mini and the My Shows list is showing up as an SD screen. Has anyone else tried this? When I view both of my Elites the HD screen is shown. So I wonder why the two tuner Premiere isn't showing the same thing?

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Sounds like a bug, might need to reboot them.

3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Maybe that's it? I rebooted both boxes and the Mini is installing an update right now. I forgot that it was going to download an update. Otherwise I would have rebooted it earlier.

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Yes, that did it :eek:

The two tuner Premiere is showing the HD screen for the "My Shows" list now when view from the Mini.

5. phone man

phone man New Member

Nov 4, 2011

Could you tell me more about the mini and a Premiere with two tuners? I see Tivo says the mini does not work with the premiere. I'd buy one if it does. I'm over the air TV only, no cable at all. A mini for the 2nd TV makes perfect sense. I don't need another premiere for a TV that's only used a couple times a week. The main purpose would be to watch pre recorded content from the premiere, not as a TV tuner for that TV. Even if it tied up one tuner it would be OK.

6. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    The Mini has to be paired with a 4 tuner Premiere to set it up and function.
    Once it has done so, it will then be able to access a 2 tuner Premiere.
    According to others, you can then remove the 4 tuner Premiere from the network and still access recordings from the 2 tuner Premiere,
    BUT it is unknown if it will continue to work in the long term.

7. phone man

phone man New Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Thank you. That's a great bit of info there. I'll keep reading and waiting to see how the mini works out for others.

8. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Active Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    And just to clarify in case anyone might get confused - by "access a 2 tuner Premiere" we just mean the mini can stream any shows from the 2 tuner Premiere's Now Playing list.

It cannot access live-tv from the 2 tuner (I know some people have asked about that because they'd like to stream live tv from an OTA station. Unfortunatly that's not possible)

9. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    But you can record what you want to watch "pseudo-live" ota and then steam it through to your mini, right?

10. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Active Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    For some reason I thought the mini could only schedule recordings on the 4 tuner "host" TiVo. So getting that "pseudo-live" recording started might be a minor annoyance.

But yeah, if something's being recorded (OTA or not) on a 2 tuner Premiere you should be able to stream it from that Now Playing list.

11. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    Yes you'd have to start the recording from the 2 tuner ota TiVo.

12. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Or use your Tivo App on your mobile phone or tablet and start a recording on the OTA box.