1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guru Guides on Premiere?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by TivoMeQuick, Jul 8, 2013.

1. TivoMeQuick

TivoMeQuick New Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Florida
    I recently pulled the plug on my beloved and faithful Series 2, and replaced with with a Premiere which I'm generally pleased with.

The ONE feature I REALLY LIKED on the Series 2 was a Guru Guide I setup years ago for AFI Top 100 Movies. It was like a Season Pass and any time one of those great films came on it was automatically recorded.

I cannot find anything like that on the Premiere. If I go into collections I get to the "AFI 100" but it doesn't offer a Season Pass option, just shows which films are currently "available."

Is my Guru Gone for Good?

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    They're not called Guru Guides any more, they're called collections, but they're still there. Check the Browse section.

3. TivoMeQuick

TivoMeQuick New Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Florida
    Thanks for the quick response.

I am feeling *really* lame.

I did: "Browse TV & Movies"
    Then: "Collections"
    Then "AFI's Top 100"

which opens a screen showing 11 AFI categories (Top 100, Top 10 Animation, etc.)

If I select "Top 100"
    that opens a screen showing 15 individual (and great) films.

What I'm missing is how to get the AFI Top 100 to always record automatically, week after week, like a Season Pass.

That was the beauty of the Guru Guide. Each week the new AFI 100 would be automatically recorded, in a single folder.

So close to the solution ... but I am obviously missing the magic decoder button on my peanut remote.

4. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    He said he found it under "collections" but there is no "get this collection" option.
    Several other "collections" also lack that option.

5. TivoMeQuick

TivoMeQuick New Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Florida
    Bingo!

Thanks ... I had not seen the "Record this Collection" elsewhere, so didn't know it existed.

And ... apparently ... it doesn't exist for the AFI collections.

A shame, but now I know it's not there and to stop looking.

Thanks again for the clue.

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I thought the "record this collection" was available for all of them. I didn't realize it was hit and miss like that.