1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

guide update question

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by marklyn, Jul 12, 2014.

1. marklyn

marklyn Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Austin
    I've been having internet issues lately, which are now fixed; however, it appears that when I've been having issues, it was around the time Tivo phones home to get updates, etc.
    Now that my internet issues are fixed, I forced a manual connect under network settings but my guide data is still only two days out and nothing shows beyond that.
    How can I get updated guide info? Do I keep forcing an update?

2. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    how long has it been since you forced the update? are you on phone or something else for internet?

3. marklyn

marklyn Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Austin
    I forced an update about an hour ago. Not sure what you mean by phone, my Roamio connects via internet for updates and my internet connection is solid now.

4. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Since there's a lot of new data to catalog it'll take a little time to complete.

If it's taking particularly long (many hours? over a day?) then I'd reboot and connect again.

It might have also downloaded and processed the Summer Update which can slow down the databasing too.