1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide Option: Display Channel Numbers

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by JoeKustra, Feb 23, 2017.

1. JoeKustra

JoeKustra Cable only TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Since there is an option to show or hide channel logos, which turns off the call letters or network name, how about doing the same for channel numbers. Who needs channel numbers anymore? Sure, some people only know numbers, but they can learn. At least it could be an option.

2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Fine as an option. But as an OTA guy, I typically use channel numbers, not station call names or network names (including because there may be multiple channels for a station/network).

3. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    That's cool. I have logos off anyhow. I just thought it could be an option.

4. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I think options are great. Especially when the TiVo box doesn't re-set them. ;)

TonyD79 and JoeKustra like this.
  5. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    As an option, fine but I would never use it. I have about 10 channels that all have the PBS logo.

6. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Member

Nov 27, 2014
    How would you go directly to a channel? Bring up the guide every time? If I'm watching CBS and I want to go to BBC America,I can enter the Chanel number instead of scrolling thru 7 pages of guide

7. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    My guide has 21 channels. Those are Favorites. If I select My Channels, the number grows to 50 but I seldom do that. If I select All Channels it would be 440 since that shows channels I don't receive. I find the numbers, being lower on the remote, less easy to use than the guide button with arrows or channel up/down and select.