1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide Data Issues

Discussion in 'VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK' started by jonphil, Mar 12, 2011.

1. jonphil

jonphil New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Derbyshire, UK
    Could this thread be made sticky to track guide data issues.

Just noticed Tivo failed to record both;

Modern Family
    Raising Hope

Friday 11th March.
    Looking in the recording hicups it's because only the first episode of each had been flagged as 'New' and because I set the series link as new only Tivo thought they were repeats.

Tribune really need to sort out the data for flagging programs as 'new'

2. Adder

Adder New Member

Oct 26, 2002
    As far as I can see (using Digiguide) only one series of each of these shows is broadcasting at the moment, so using "Premiere and repeats" would be a much more reliable setting for this instance as it will still record only one of each episode and resolve any clashes should there be a clash with the first broadcast. In all my years of using a TiVo I've never used the equivalent of "new" and never had any problems with that for episodic drama.

3. jonphil

jonphil New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Derbyshire, UK
    Have changed the series link now, but Tribune should get this sorted. Why be able to specify 'new' if the guide data isn't complete enough to allow Tivo to correctly identify what it should and shouldn't record.

4. daz100

daz100 New Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Has happened so many times to me now I cannot set New for anything as I do not trust it! I have to check all the time!

5. mike0151

mike0151 A Friend of Dot

Dec 13, 2001
    Liverpool,...
    The guide data is so bad that I now have 3 series links for Saturday Kitchen, 2 of which are Saturday Kitchen Live. Good thing I noticed that it wasn't going to record it - again.

6. TCM2007

TCM2007 New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Tribune data has never been 100% reliable on this; it was too easy for them to let a US OAD sneak in when they copy-and-pasted the series details. Also showings on pay channels make the FTA debut show as a repeat.

Best avoided if possible.

7. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Just so you guys here know, this goes both ways. Shows from the UK that air in the US use the UK OAD which has caused the same problem across the pond.

8. richw

richw New Member

Jul 27, 2002
    Bath, UK
    The bad guide data is proving quite handy at the moment. Fortunately my Tivo decided to record two separate showings of Wonders of the Universe, and didn't actually reboot during the second :)

9. nektar

nektar New Member

Mar 23, 2004
    I did not notice that Saturday Kitchen wasn't going to record last weekend. I guess it doesn't pick it up as a suggested recording either as it thinks it's a differen programme. Frustrating.

10. Digital Fanatic

Digital Fanatic Virgin Media Staff

Feb 16, 2011
    We're working hard with Tribune to sort these issues out.

11. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    There used to be a Sticky thread in the old S1 forum where we would post any EPG data issues such as these. Would this be a useful thng for VM/Tribune if we did it here now as well?

12. passingbat

passingbat New Member

Feb 4, 2011

There is a long running, VM monitored thread, for V+ on the DS forum that many people are already aware of. Why not do a tivo one in the same place?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=683171

13. Digital Fanatic

Feb 16, 2011
    Good idea, Carl.

:up:

14. Digital Fanatic

Feb 16, 2011
    That's a different company, they supply series links for V+ only for VM.

15. passingbat

passingbat New Member

Feb 4, 2011

Thanks DF, I didn't realise that; I thought the people fixing the links were VM staff.

16. Digital Fanatic

Feb 16, 2011
    No probs :)

17. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...