1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grimm S02E13 "Face Off" 2013-Mar-08

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by john4200, Mar 12, 2013.

1. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I was happy to finally see Nick find out that Renard is not human. Hopefully we do not have to wait another two seasons to find out exactly what Renard is and what he is trying to do. After Nick wakes up, I would think that he will have a lot of questions for Renard. Even though Renard may not be completely evil, he certainly has wronged Nick multiple times -- sending people to kill Nick's aunt, working with Adalind to poison Hank (nearly killing him), not telling Nick about Renard's involvement with Juliette, and stealing Nick's key. Probably more I have forgotten.

Someone asked in another thread why Nick did not drink the potion when they first made it. I thought it was obvious that the potion was likely to take Nick out of commission for a while, so Nick could not drink it before confronting Renard, which he wanted to do immediately.

So, Adalind is pregnant, apparently with Renard's child. Why was she so happy about that? Is it going to get her powers back somehow? Or is it part of some larger plot with the guy in Europe?

2. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    Does anyone remember how they discovered the location of Nick's trailer?

Didn't we see Nick hide the key in the trailer? Does anybody remember Nick putting the key in his desk?

3. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    While I have little idea what Adalind is up to (though carrying a royal offspring might factor in...) I hope this ep main plot means that there is likely to be less secrets and misunderstandings among the loosely aligned newly grouped Scoobies. (A Greenwalt reference BTW.)

The Nick and Juliet story was beginning to drive me nuts, especially before her memory loss. Renard appears at first glance to have parallel interests to Nick, so I might imagine he would be a sometime ally.

4. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    I believe Juliet let slip to Adelinde that Nick had a trailer in some parking lot somewhere.

5. eddyj

eddyj SeƱor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    In a storage park, making the search easier. I seem to recall he did take the key out of the trailer.

The captain seems like the black sheep of the Royals. Useful to keep around, mostly, but certainly not indispensable. Seems like he just realized allying with Nick is his only way to stay alive.

6. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    He did at one point. But I also thought I remember his mother taking it.

So he got it back and hid it at work maybe?

7. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    Adelinde's mother said that only a royle could break her out of the coma, and that only after taking the purification potion. She also said that there would be complications.

8. waynomo

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    Love you guys with great memories!!

9. waynomo

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    Is it just me or has the show evolved?

I remember being bored with it about midway through the first season and decided to stop watching it. Fortunately I decided to not delete any episodes and then caught up, etc. Now when it didn't record for a few weeks I make sure it is going to record and is usually a show I watch within 24 hours of it recording.

I also seem to recall that at first it was very basic. Creature did something bad and nick had to figure out what it was and kill it. Now the plot is a bit more involved with the royals. There seems to be a bit more depth.

Is this just my poor memory or do others agree?

10. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Can someone remind me why Capt. Renard looks all messed up in his Wesen form? It looked like his face was partially disolved :eek:

11. waynomo

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    He looked very similar to what Adalind looked like in her Wesen form IIRC.

This from the guy whose memory is admittedly not the best when it comes to these things.:)

12. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Renard isn't fully Wesen.
    He's part Wesen and part human (the product of a Wesen/Royal mating).
    (Adalind's mother said that he was "mostly human".)

Which is part of the reason why relations with his family are strained.

13. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    What's a royal? :confused: Are they not Wesen?

14. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    No, the royals are human. That's why Renard is looked down upon by his family...he's tainted with Wesen blood.

(I've never figured out exactly who the royals are supposed to be.)

15. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Thanks, I didn't get that. I thought they were just the hierarchy of the Wesen world.

16. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    I think where it gets fuzzy is the relationship between the Grimms and the Royals. I thought they previously said that in the ancient past, the Grimms were used by the Royals as the way to keep the Wessen in their place?

17. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    So you're saying that they don't like his Wessonality?

[​IMG]

Yes, that was stated and it seems like (based on previous dialog) the Royals are the Power behind the rulers in Europe.

18. waynomo

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    Wow. I missed this one. Royals are human!? So this must have been mentioned in an episode. Anyone remember which one?

I always thought that the Royals were using the Wesen to kill the Grimms.

Now you are saying that the Royals and the Grimm are working together?

Something isn't making sense in my mind.

19. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    The place of the royals in all this has never been explained.

Yet.

20. wprager

wprager Active Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    Grimm Wiki to the rescue: