1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grimm "Face Off": Wh'appen?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by awsnyde, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Mar 9, 2013 #1 of 60
    awsnyde

awsnyde Member

May 11, 2007
    Maryland
    Anyone watch Grimm last night? It's not a show I favor, but my wife likes it. Unfortunately, for last night's episode, "Face Off" I think it was called, the TiVo finished recording before the show actually ended (and yes, I do blame the network and not the TiVo).

The main character--and like I said, I don't really watch the show so I have no idea what anyone's name is--had just finished drinking some potion and writhing on the floor, then the "action" flipped back to Europe, and the Keep or Delete box popped up.

I Googled for some recaps, but the one I found ended at the same point as the TiVo, with what's-his-name collapsed on the floor. If anyone watched, could you do my wife a favor and let us know what happened? Thanks! :):):)

2. Mar 9, 2013 #2 of 60
    john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    This seems like it is trying to be an episode thread, but it does not quite make it (it is missing the air date, for one thing).

So I'll put the answer in spoiler tags.

Adalind took a pregnancy test and it was positive. Hardly surprising, considering how obvious she was about collecting Renard's "donation". Fades out with her evil grin.

3. Mar 9, 2013 #3 of 60
    awsnyde

awsnyde Member

May 11, 2007
    Maryland
    Thanks! It was less trying to be an episode thread than trying to get an answer to one question.

Though now that I think of it: Does anyone know if the network plans to consistently run Grimm over it's allotted time? (I've already had to add a minute to recordings of "Gravity Falls", which was--like Grimm--also not true prior to its mid-season break.)

4. Mar 9, 2013 #4 of 60
    TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Sounds like a problem with your local. I've never had a problem with Grimm.

5. Mar 9, 2013 #5 of 60
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I did this week, which was highly unusual...I can't remember the last time one of the regular networks let me down (of course, CBS on Sunday doesn't count!). Usually their shows start like a metronome.

I can only assume that for some reason this week, the one-minute ad-rate shift didn't register in the Guide Data.

6. Mar 9, 2013 #6 of 60
    TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    What 1 minute shift? Mine started at 9 and recorded 1 hour. I got the whole show.

7. Mar 9, 2013 #7 of 60
    nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    I got cut off, too.

8. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    To confirm, this is exactly what happened with my recording.

9. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    Yep. mine cut off with a minute or two left, I think. The keep or delete option box popped up just as the screen was showing an exterior establishing shot of a large building.

Grimm has never run over its allotted time before, so I was quite surprised.

10. hairyblue

hairyblue A good Man

Feb 25, 2002
    Denver, CO
    It stopped at the exact same place for me too. Odd. I don't remember this happening before with Grim.

I had forgotten how much I like this show. Wonder why they had such a long break. I'm hoping they get some great action scenes like Buffy. I am a Buffy fan.

But, yea, boo! to the cut off.

11. JMikeD

JMikeD Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Austin, TX
    No cut-off here; I got the full episode, albeit with a lot of pixelization (on both satellite and local feeds).

12. dianebrat

dianebrat I refuse to accept your reality TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    East coast feed maybe?
    I also had the last minute cut off

13. eddyj

eddyj SeƱor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    Mine didn't cutoff. But I think my DIRECTV DVR auto pads.

14. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Cut off here too.

TiVo OTA recording.

Used to record off DirecTV and never had a problem, moved the recording to the TiVo and it did.

Added a minute pad for next week, we'll see how that goes.

phox

15. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    Cut off here too. East Coast.

Seems like all the characters were connecting all the dots in this episode. Good forward momentum. I'm glad it's back.

16. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    It does. As does mine but I checked. It started at 9, was set for 1 hour and did not need the autopad. Maybe TiVo clocks are off?

17. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    No, other things recorded on my TiVos that might were fine time wise.
    Grimm cut off a minute early for me too on the West Coast.

I'm going with NBC issue as they play this game a lot.

18. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, as I suggested earlier, I think there was just an ad-shift that didn't register in the Guide Data (at least not for everybody; it looks like some people got it correctly).

19. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    But I had no ad shift. That's why I don't get it. Unless you mean only in certain markets.

20. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    It could be that it was originally scheduled for 59 minutes, then they moved a minute of ads from whatever followed it into Grimm, but some markets didn't get the updated information in time, or perhaps it depends on when different people had their daily call that day.

The Big Three do ad shifts ALL THE TIME. And usually the ad shifts show up in the TiVo Guide Data without drama. I suspect the fact that a significant number of people had a minute lopped off their Grimm recording reflects a botched ad shift.