1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Green switch" issue is resolved

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by PHeadland, Oct 12, 2013.

1. PHeadland

PHeadland New Member

Mar 29, 2005
    San Mateo, CA
    The 10/9 update has definitely resolved the issue with green switches for my Roamio Pro. I spent an hour trying to get it to fail this morning and saw zero glitches of any kind. It would have failed multiple times in an hour prior to the 10/9 update.

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Yes, my Roamio Pro has also been working great with a green switch since I put it back in on Thursday.

3. ptr727

ptr727 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    I reconnected my ethernet ports on two pro's, and I still have problems.

When clicking tivo, the content at the top would show an exclamation, then update after a few seconds, similar problem as before, but not as bad, as it seems to recover quicker.

I now also find that when I watch shows from a different box, I occasionally get an error that says the network is not fast enough, try to connect using ethernet, yet I'm on ethernet.

I'm using TrendNET 8 port green switches, model TEG-S8g.

Anybody else still having problems?

P.

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    My Roamio Pro is still working great with my Green Dlink DGS-1008G gigabit switch. I haven't seen any issues since connecting it back to the Green Switch after the update.

5. shortcut3d

shortcut3d New Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Running a Roamio Plus on a Netgear GS108T-200NAS switch without any issue with the latest update. I have Green Ethernet turned on with all cables at 3 feet (except PoE / uplink), which means the features (auto power down / short reach) are in full effect. Unfortunately, switch statistics show no measurable energy savings to date.

6. NYHeel

NYHeel Active Member

Oct 7, 2003
    I have a similar model to yours, the TrendNet TEG-S80G and have had no issues since the fix was released by Tivo.

7. ptr727

ptr727 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    I wonder if it is model specific, I have the s8g model, and I see there are s8g, s80g, s81g, and s82g models?

8. Devx

Devx New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Is that error code V112? I think this is a problem that may have been introduced with the latest patch. I see it occasionally and I'm hardwired, only one Roamio is on a green switch. For either, when it has the issue there's no problem using MRS from an Elite.

9. ptr727

ptr727 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    I think something in the last update broke something, get error v87 and v69 when watching between roamios.

I have 4 roamios, 2 basics and 2 pros.

stream from pro moca to basic ethernet, error (this always used to work)
    stream from pro moca to pro ethernet, error
    stream from basic ethernet to pro ethernet, error

Given the symptoms I believe something in the last update broke something?

P.