1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Lake Warriors (spoilers for aired episodes allowed)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by LifeIsABeach, Jul 26, 2012.

1. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    Is anyone watching this show? It seems to be a Deadliest Catch clone which is being shown on the History channel. Recorded the first episode, but have not watched it yet.

2. MarkofT

MarkofT ****

Jul 27, 2001
    The Tall City
    Not so much Deadlist Catch as any of the hazardous workplace reality shows. It's interesting if you like tugboats.

3. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    Just watched the first episode. It is no Deadliest catch is right. The announcer is no Mike Roe either. Makes the show very boring and uninteresting. It was only the first episode, but none of the people stood out as all that interesting either. The rookie seems like he could be fun to watch.

4. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I hadn't heard of this. Thanks for the heads up. I grew up on Lake Superior on sailboats and research/fishing boats, my grandpa was a Great Lakes sailor his whole life, and I've got a cousin who works on a fishing boat on Lake Michigan. Even if the show is boring I think we'll watch. FWIW, the Twin Ports, Duluth, MN and Superior, WI, make up the largest freshwater port in the world. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Ports

5. Gregor

Gregor Active Member

Feb 18, 2002
    I like it. These guys swear more than the DC guys though.