1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got the fall update...bugs still there!

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Big Deficit, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Big Deficit

Big Deficit Happy now?

Jul 7, 2003
    Watching football yesterday. Switched between 2 recording games, switched back without pressing live TV in between and...Tivo forgot the progress again. I'm convinced that this will never be fixed. FAIL!

2. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    hmmm.. Never had that issue

3. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    It isn't a bug. It has always been that way. If you want to save progress, pause the program before switching tuners.

4. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Active Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    He's not switching tuners, he's switching between two ongoing recordings using My Shows

5. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Which is the same thing since it can't record two different shows on the same tuner.

6. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Active Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    I'll give an example of what's happening even when pause is used.

Two ongoing recordings, start watching first through My Shows, at some point press pause, go back to My Shows, start watching second, at some point press pause, go back to My Shows, play first recording, it starts from the beginning rather than the paused point.

This doesn't happen all the time, very hit or miss. There are many here who say it's never happened to them, but there have been a few reports scattered around.

7. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Did you call up TiVo and report it?

8. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    It may also depend on how far into the show you are. If you're not that far in, it will "resume" at the beginning. But I don't know what the threshold point for that is...

9. Big Deficit

Big Deficit Happy now?

Jul 7, 2003
    Bingo! This happens often on my premier regardless of how deep into the program you are. It also never happens on my HD or my long retired dual tuner DTivo. The only way I've found to avoid the BUG is to press live tv before leaving that recording for another. Forget to do that and you're likely to be back at the beginning of that show when you return. This only effects me during football season when I switch back and forth between 2 currently recording games. And yes, it's been reported to Tivo over and over, but like so many things like updating the Android app? Tivo doesn't seem to listen or care. Frustrating......:(