1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got my confirmation email today!!! Comcast TiVo is here!!

Discussion in 'HD Comcast TiVo DVR (Archive)' started by BlackBetty, Dec 17, 2007.

1. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    [​IMG]

2. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
  3. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    One might wonder where "here" is. :p

4. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    New England :p

5. nirisahn

nirisahn Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 19, 2005
    Denver area
    It's funny. There's nothing on their home page about TiVo for Comcast. But if you do a search on TiVo, you get a link that takes you to the information page. I signed up to be notified when it's available in my area. I want to check that out before I spend money on an S3, especially since things are changing so quickly with tv technology. I think I'd like to let the dust settle a little before I buy anything. In the long run, 'renting' from Comcast may cost me more, but it will allow me to be more flexible while things are changing in tv land.

6. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
  7. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    That is correct.

8. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Georgia
    I suspect they want to get the initial rush of folks interested in this area taken care of before they apply more pressure on the system by pushing the new service more heavily.

9. hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004
    That link is useless, no offense.

10. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    gee thanks. Because inquiring minds here and elsewhere don't want to know where a certain link takes them to. :p Regardless if its "useless" or not.

of course no one was going to ask either where the "learn more" link takes you to. I probably should have just said "oh by the way, the learn more link takes you to a useless page...thats all you need to know about that."

11. eddielives

eddielives New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Could you be a little more specific than 5 states. A zip maybe??:rolleyes:

12. hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004
    There are no zips working on the Comcast site yet. Two that I know of from these forums have gotten it, one in NH and one in SE MA.

13. threejean

threejean New Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Cape Cod
    :)Zip 02601, next Monday morning!:)

14. eddielives

eddielives New Member

Nov 29, 2007

All the more reason to post it (if you have an appointment or a complete install), so the towns getting it can be tracked. I'm in Clinton (01510), so I hope I'm close to a date.

15. hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004
    Let me correct my earlier post. I understand there are several MA and NH zips that now work on the Comcast site.`

16. eddielives

eddielives New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Still nuttin for me:( here in Clowntown (Clinton Ma.)

17. kmill14

kmill14 New Member

Dec 11, 2006
    BlackBetty, when is your install date?

18. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    For Comcast, anytime you ask for ANY information, they want your street address. Makes sense of a sort. They have so many different answers to the same question from location to location. But it is annoying.

19. garberfc

garberfc TiVo'ing since '00

Feb 10, 2003
    Burlington...
    HYANNIS, MA

20. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    Been using the Comcast unit here in NH for a couple months. I guess they are ready for the general roll-out; should be interesting to see if they're ready to do unattended upgrades/installs, or send out a techie to do each install.

We had a successful install here, but it did take some manual telephone communication back to the home office to complete. Ours was the first install this techie had performed; their office had done a couple before us.

We'll be keeping the Comcast unit, which will sit beside our Series3 unit. I will be eliminating 2 Series2 units in lieu of the new Comcast box. Even with the interface/lag issues, I find adding 2 add'l HD tuners at little or no add'l cost to my current setup is worth it.