• TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Got mine today!

8K views 42 replies 16 participants last post by  Bwatford141 
#1 ·
I bought an extra one too;)

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
My local best buy didn't have any, but did say that they should have them in on Tuesday. He clearly hadn't heard of the Mini so explained to him that it hasn't been released yet. I'm not familiar with Best Buy's computer systems at all...but he then said, "we'll let me check on it another way." That's when he said that it looks like it will be "for sale" on the 17th.

#8 ·
My local best buy has five in transit, they said they will have them next Tuesday or Thursday so I think a launch early next week makes sense. They won't launch on a Sunday.
They launched the Elite on a Sunday. I was lucky and got there around opening since the BestBuy only had two or three and sold out almost right away.

#10 ·
How did you order them? None of my local stores say they can order that SKU yet?
I walked in and gave him the SKU. This guy has worked there for a long time. He seems to know what he is doing. Maybe it's the "Luck of the Draw", like when calling Tivo. Also, they did try to sell me the extended warranty. I used Discover, double warranty for free.

I have my printout and my charge pending on my card. When I called the 800 number, she said that she couldn't even order it, because the item wasn't listed on the web site yet???

She did tell me that my in-Store order, was still good for the 15th. (That's March 15th, 2013) just kidding.

#11 ·
I walked in and gave him the SKU. This guy has worked there for a long time. He seems to know what he is doing. Maybe it's the "Luck of the Draw", like when calling Tivo. Also, they did try to sell me the extended warranty. I used Discover, double warranty for free.

I have my printout and my charge pending on my card. When I called the 800 number, she said that she couldn't even order it, because the item wasn't listed on the web site yet???

She did tell me that my in-Store order, was still good for the 15th. (That's March 15th, 2013) just kidding.
What options were there for the extended warranty and what did it cost? I'm guessing since the Mini is a $100 box, if it's like the ROku 3 extended warranty, you can get four years for only $20. (or two years for $14)

#12 ·
What options were there for the extended warranty and what did it cost? I'm guessing since the Mini is a $100 box, if it's like the ROku 3 extended warranty, you can get four years for only $20. (or two years for $14)
Sorry,
He offered the extended warranty but I said no thanks, before he gave a price.
Like I said, I used the Discover card so I get a double warranty.

I have used this feature before. I got a $276 check for a Gps unit, that went bad just before the extended warranty expired.
I couldn't believe it.

#15 ·
Just ordered two units from my local Best Buy. They expect them in on Wednesday, March 13th. Could that be the launch day?

Here is the Best Buy extended warranty information. You have 15 days after receipt to elect to purchase.

2 yr - $13.99
4 yr - $19.99

The 4 yr doesn't seem like a bad deal at all. What do you guys think?

#20 ·
Ordered two today. Rep told me that for some reason, they could not be shipped to my home, she wasn't sure why it wasn't allowed, but my order would be shipped to store for pickup this Thursday 3/14.

There were no stores in Colorado listing stock, but she said quite a few stores had them in stock now in California.

#21 ·
Just ordered two units from my local Best Buy. They expect them in on Wednesday, March 13th. Could that be the launch day?

Here is the Best Buy extended warranty information. You have 15 days after receipt to elect to purchase.

2 yr - $13.99
4 yr - $19.99

There are no moving parts. If something doesn't fail in the initial warranty period, it's not likely to fail in 3 or 4 years. I wouldn't even consider a BB warranty for the Mini.

#23 ·
Ordered two today. Rep told me that for some reason, they could not be shipped to my home, she wasn't sure why it wasn't allowed, but my order would be shipped to store for pickup this Thursday 3/14.

There were no stores in Colorado listing stock, but she said quite a few stores had them in stock now in California.
I actually had two in my hand (Marlborogh, MA), and the store manager caught wind and shut it down just before checking out. TiVo has said no sale until Mar 17th... 5 more minutes and I would've been out the door with them.

:(

#24 ·

2 yr - $13.99
4 yr - $19.99

I will be getting the 4 year warranty from Best Buy. Those are the same prices for the Roku 3 extended warranty. They are inline with their other products of similar cost. The four year warranty for my Panny 3D BD player was also $20 from BestBuy. The player was $92.

#25 ·
There are no moving parts. If something doesn't fail in the initial warranty period, it's not likely to fail in 3 or 4 years. I wouldn't even consider a BB warranty for the Mini.
It's so cheap for the extended warranty. Plus if you ever sell it, it helps with the re-sale too. That's the main reason I got the four year warranty from BestBuy on my two Elites. I knew I would probably be selling them down the road when a Series 5 is released. So a transferable warranty really helps the sale. And I'll get the four year warranty on the Mini as well. Since it's possible I could sell that down the road too. Within four years there might be a replacement for the Mini and I would upgrade right away.

#26 ·
Can you tell me if the Mini supports any kind of "swap tuner" functionality? In other words, can you jump from one show being buffered and another show being buffered?

I would assume not since the Mini is tied to one tuner of the Premiere, but I thought I'd ask.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.