1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye, poor Tivo

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by allan, May 17, 2013.

1. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    It looks like my ancient DirecTivo (I bought it from Weaknees way back in 2007) has bit the big one. I phoned DirecTV, and after going through the support routine (is it plugged in, etc) to no results, they're shipping me a new receiver. They didn't say what kind, and I didn't ask, but I doubt it will be a Tivo.

2. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    That went well. When I talked to Direct on the phone, it sounded like I'd have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to get the new DVR, but it was sitting on my porch late Saturday morning! As I expected, it was a DirecTV DVR, not a Tivo, and I'm still figuring out how to use the durn thing (naturally, they didn't send a FM to R :p). So far, it seems okay.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    What model DVR did you get? Look for the label behind the front panel access card door.

You can find manuals at DirecTV's web site under Technical Support.

4. celtic pride

celtic pride Member

Nov 8, 2005
    If i was you i would of at least asked them to upgrade you to the new GENIE hr44 dvr!:eek: knowing directv they probably sent you an hr 20,and at the very least they should of sent you an hr24.

5. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Don't you just LOVE negative posts!!!

Firstly, the HR44 is not available except for a few markets yet. Secondly, the HR34/44 is NOT a DVR per say, it's a home media hub and only available for multi-TV installations. It will not be sent out as a DVR replacement.

Finally, the HR20 has not been issued for some time now - and I will almost guarantee that it WAS an HR24 or, at the very least, an HR23.

Why bash D* just for the sake of it?

6. jnt412

jnt412 New Member

May 19, 2013
    Bad hard drive.. ?.. Power Supply?...

The amount of dust these receivers collect is amazing. A few good puffs from a air compressor can do wonders..