1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

good wife 11 18 12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by newsposter, Nov 20, 2012.

1. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    i like when they do the 'wrong' thing but thats what the show is about...of course now they have to worry about everyone on the bench coming after them but that will no doubt wind up being a sub plot of some kind

i guess the daughter will wind up stoned or preg or something to derail the campaign

i dont know why the son had to sneak around the campaign...did mom explicitly say he cant work...definitely no interviews, i remember that part

i take it the beatdown in the lot was because kerry cut short the hustle guys meeting and he dresses too well? or was it because alicia called and kerry answerd and he thinks she's cheating on him with kerry? i didnt really get that

2. njtaz

njtaz New Member

Feb 22, 2003
    Yeah they made it sound like Nick the very jealous type, when he asked Kalinda who was on the phone she said it was work, he asked if it was Cary and she said it wasn't. Then of course Cary picks up the phone because they share an office.

The question now is will Cary figure out it was Nick? And what will he do about it?

3. Honora

Honora New Member

Oct 16, 2006
    If Cary was conscious long enough, he might have heard his assailant refer to Calvin Klein while he was taking that pounding. That would be a big clue.

4. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Yep, I'm guessing that's how he will figure it out. I think Nick is just the REAL jealous type. He definitely has a master/slave kind of relationship with Kalinda, at least in his mind, and Kalinda, can't seem to resist. So anyone who looks at Kalinda is fair game in Nick's mind. Didn't he already have a run in with Kalinda's lesbian lover for much the same reason?

5. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    he did stalk the lesbian lover yes...in the bar and 'virtually' threatened her to kalinda

i didnt miss the trustee not being in this ep at all either!

6. TheMerk

TheMerk Always Bid First

Feb 26, 2001
    Salt Lake...
    Say it ain't so! I think Nathan Lane's character is great. In fact, I'd love it if after they get out from under his control he joined the firm as a financial investigator for the family law dept.

7. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    who's office would he share? or by that time they get back the 27th floor i guess

8. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Yup, the thug would not have mentioned Calvin Klein if it wasn't important.

9. Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Either I misunderstood or had to laugh... so they were $60 million in debt minus a few wins and this one case gets them out from being under?

10. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I think it's been cumulative and this one case would take them out of debt - not on its own - just on top of whatever else they have been doing.

11. Robin

Robin Nasty Woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    ISTR winning this case would bring them in serious business.

12. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Active Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Near...
    I hate the storyline with Kalinda's husband. I hope he's gone soon.

13. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier TCF Club

Apr 7, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    For me it's past the point of merely wanting him gone...I'll only be satisfied when he suffers a gruesome death.

And count me as another who REALLY hates the direction they've taken with Kalinda and this season in general. Saw the following on Twitter that is oh so true: "The Good Wife is 90% less interesting with 90% less Kalinda."

14. Flop

Flop Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Oklahoma
    Kalinda's husband would make a great character if he wasn't Kalinda's husband.

15. Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    If they're one case away (and this one doesn't appear to be all that huge); what was the big deal about needing to sell the firm etc.? It's a ridiculous premise even for TV. They were $60 million in debt. On top now the firm is operating on a small staff.

16. JolDC

JolDC Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Arlington VA
    The wife is on trial for planning the murder of her husband to avoid a prenup. If she is acquitted she gains control of his business empire which then would retain Lockhart/Gardner as counsel. Would have to be a huge company to bill that much to save the firm but it is tv math.

17. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    i admit i have the guy typecast from his days on hustle but i really do hope the hubby is gone soon

sooo what happened with the black guy hauled away in front of his kid? they better follow up becuause he is also a big client

18. Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Over time I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that this case could bring in huge revenues from the corporate side, but are you saying they go on $30/40/50 million retainer if they win this case? I think that's ridiculous. And they still need lawyers to actually do the work once they have that retainer. It's not just grab the money and pay off everything.

I know. So what? But when I see someone drop 20 opponents in one sword fight many on the thread for that show mention how absurd it is. My instincts are this is equally so.

19. JolDC

JolDC Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Arlington VA
    I am not saying it, they literally said it in the episode. But I also remember last week they said one case would bring in $12m, so maybe a couple more landed and this one will push them out of the total $60m hole.