1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to miss the once a year change...

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by Ian_m, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Ian_m

Ian_m Active Member

Jan 9, 2001
    Southampton,...
    Going to miss the once a year change...

[​IMG]

2. mrtickle

mrtickle New Member

Aug 26, 2001
    Birmingham, UK
    Why miss it - just carry on using TiVo forever :)

You can also use that CSS on your own websites etc for nostalgia value :)

3. Ian_m

Ian_m Active Member

Jan 9, 2001
    Southampton,...
    TiVo still records things, but I now watch almost 100% from my modded Humax Freesat (Foxsat-HDR) box. Since the a web front end has appeared for the Humax box, about a year or two ago, 8 years after TiVoWeb, I almost exclusively use the Humax.

Main killer Humax advantage over TiVo in my opinion is it is HD. Other things are it has two tuners and can have monster disks, I have a 2TB in mine.

Recently an equivalent of "dailymail" has been added to the increasing number of Humax "hacks". Not as good as TiVo Dailymail but its a start and is still being developped.

Disadvantages compared to TiVo, not so easy to use, some menus are annoyingly slow, web front end is no where near as good as TiVoweb.

But in the end it does exactly as it says on the tin, records two channel in HD.
    Below is Humax web front page and EPG page.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Steve_K

Steve_K New Member

May 5, 2001
    Sussex, UK
    Still use mine but mainly as a backup. That user interface and functional reliability is so superior to the Sky, BT and Toshiba recorders it shares space with.