1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Go get Plex for Tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by dadrepus, Apr 11, 2012.

1. dadrepus

dadrepus Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Why don't you people go talk the the developers for Plex and get them to build a Plex Client for their server software. If you did then you would have not only the ability to seamlessly display all the content one has saved on a computer or NAS but also all the channels they offer as well (and side-stepping many of the license problems with direct apps, such as hulu), since they are actually being accesses through a computer and not the TV or Tivo.

I really want this. No developer at Plex has picked up the idea because of the cost factor of purchasing a tivo and license. Maybe you can give them the stuff they need and allow them to SELL their app for a small fee. They get $5 for their appletv app and it is great.

I really want just 1 box I can display all my media with (and 1 remote) please!

2. macrho

macrho Guest

Nov 19, 2005
  3. johnner

johnner New Member

May 7, 2012
    yes this is really a must. there is a thread on the plex forums about users willing to help fund the programming of this, see here: forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/38085-tivo-opens-up-sdk/page__gopid__261422#entry261422 sign up there and lets get people on board to get it done.

4. dadrepus

dadrepus Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Yes, I started that thread as well.

5. ebf

ebf New Member

Mar 21, 2005
  6. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    Maybe it's on the app store like the page says or maybe not. I don't see it in the appstore either.