TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Girls S1E4 Hannah's Diary OAD 5/6/12

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  KRS 
#1 ·
I couldn't quite tell if the girls in Hannah's office were messing with her or not. The eyebrows felt like they were playing a joke on her, but they seemed sincere when they were telling her what she should do about her terrible boyfriend.

The depiction of sexual harassment felt very much like the way it must happen frequently in everyday life all across America.
It felt like a real life situation when the boss told her to say something if the touching was something she didn't want and she still couldn't tell him to stop being a creep. She doesn't want to lose her job. It also felt reasonable when the women were telling her all the reasons they put up with his sexual harassment.

Similarly, Marnie isn't happy with Charlie, but can't bring herself to tear the band-aid off (or her limb) and just break up with him. It's easier to just go along with a crappy situation sometimes. At work or in a relationship. Same reason Hannah lets her b/f treat her like crap.

#2 ·
I don't think Hannah's coworkers were messing with her. They truly saw a distinction between the boss and the boyfriend. Well, not really a boyfriend, eh?

Poor Shoshanna. But was that really realistic? Would I guy really not go through with sex in that situation? She's totally hot, deal with the repurcussions later!

Not cool to rifle through the stuff, but Charlie needed to know he should get out now with Marnie. Dump her butt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.