1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gift of Revenge 11/11/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by alpacaboy, Nov 12, 2012.

1. alpacaboy

alpacaboy Active Member

Oct 29, 2004
    I swear this is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

And or judging by threads, is no one else watching Revenge this season?

2. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    My wife and I thought it was a pretty strange/clever/funny commercial sequence too.

3. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Don't know why I am still watching it, the acting is terrible, even by 2nd rate melodrama standards.
    The target commercials were pretty good tho.

4. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Wow, I guess it really says something about a show when there is no episode thread, but rather a thread for the commercials during the show (I did not know what this thread was about at first since I don't watch commercials...)

5. TAsunder

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I don't normally either, but I manually fast forward and stopped on the commercial because it had all of the characters from the show in it.

6. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I haven't watched last night's episode yet (even though I don't LOVE this show, after watching the first season en masse last summer, I now watch them FAIRLY soon, since it's a "light" show that's good to watch on the treadmill since it doesn't take much brain power to watch)… But another show with this same problem is "Suburgatory". They have a commercial with one of the actresses (the one from SNL) playing the SAME character from Suburgatory.. I think twice I have stopped and started watching the commercial. Now I realize much more quickly that it's not the show.

7. alpacaboy

alpacaboy Active Member

Oct 29, 2004
    I just thought it was funny how thrilled everyone was at getting clothing from Target.

8. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    It's still one of my guilty pleasures.

9. TAsunder

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    It was Target/Nieman Marcus. I don't know about everyone else but I'd rather have stuff from the latter.

10. Polcamilla

Polcamilla Still up here...

Nov 7, 2001
    Getting clothes from Target?

Mine too. :eek:

11. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    This made no sense, but it was a lot better than the recent T-Mobile ads on "Shark Tank." So it was a success in that even though I have a DVR, I watched the ad, though the chances of me shopping for clothes at either Target or Nieiman Marcus are zero.

12. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Hate ads, use Tivo to avoid ads most of the time (major exceptions being the Super Bowl where I skip/fast forward through the dumb football to the ads, and the "Best Commercials" type shows where I skip/FF past the "real" ads and watch the ads that are part of the "show" that I haven't seen yet.)… but I still watched the first one or two of these. Will likely finish up this episode tonight and probably watch the rest of the Gift of Revenge spots.

It's still not making me buy anything there.

13. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    Didn't see this, but I watch the show with my wife. It's escapist fun.

14. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    While fast fwding with TiVo I stopped thinking that the ad was the show. Ads were both clever (using the show's younger actors) and inane.

Revenge this season is down from last season's fresh approach although this latest episode however contrived was above this season's average. Still watching.

Will we ever get those all important long lingering flashbacks to Amanda/Emily's stripper career?

15. TAsunder

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    My wife has commented that they are sexy-ing her up a lot this season with the attire she has been wearing. Perhaps you will have to settle for that.