1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting back after selecting Tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by rcahall, Nov 10, 2013.

1. rcahall

rcahall New Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Hi all-

We have had our new Tivo Roamio for over 2 weeks now and loving it! I don't know how we lived before it. Just a quick question....when you are watching a show from My Shows and you go back to my shows to browse how do I get back to the show I was watching without going back to it and hitting resume. When I click Live TV it takes me to a live show on TV. TIA

2. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Try the Zoom button. Think of it as "zooming" the thumbnail display back to full size.

3. Dec 3, 2013 #3 of 12
    rcahall

rcahall New Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Thanks, that worked!

4. Dec 4, 2013 #4 of 12
    Leon WIlkinson

Leon WIlkinson TiVo Gone Wild

Feb 13, 2000
    TiVo Town
    Not sure if you can take that video window off on the roamio, but you can on a premiere. so the Zoom won't work then.

5. Dec 4, 2013 #5 of 12
    palover

palover New Member

Jan 16, 2013
    NC
    Not sure what you mean, but 'zoom' works on both the Roamio (as reported by the OP) and the Premiere.

6. Dec 4, 2013 #6 of 12
    PLargent

PLargent New Member

Nov 13, 2013
    FIOS...
    I am a new (less than two weeks) TiVo and Roamio Pro owner. I have a lot of questions about the user interface too. I had been trying to figure out the remote control and User interface by myself too. Luckily, if found a document "Viewers Guide for Roamio Series DVRs" on the Tivo website. It has helped explain what the remote buttons and menu options are meant to do on the various menus.

Yes, there is a way to get rid of the "thumbnail window" in the upper right corner and give yourself 6 choices across the top instead of just 4 across the top. I tried this, hated it, and reset it back to the default.

This PDF document can be found at:

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers...ers guide roamio/session/L3NpZC9VTzF3OC1HbA==

7. Dec 4, 2013 #7 of 12
    PLargent

PLargent New Member

Nov 13, 2013
    FIOS...
    Here are the best 2-3 pages from that 109 page document:

I inserted the image files here since I can't figure out how to insert an image into this post.

Attached Files:

8. Dec 4, 2013 #8 of 12
    PLargent

PLargent New Member

Nov 13, 2013
    FIOS...
    Maybe somebody can answer this question for me:

I can view the "guide" that shows me the list of channels on the left and the list of shows from the highlighted channel on the right. I once hit a key or combination of keys that made the screen become a guide for just the one channel (ex discovery) so I saw a long list of shows on the left with info on the highlighted show on the right. I could then page up and down to find what I was looking for without selecting one show and leaving the guide. I have not been able to recreate this on the Roamio since.

This is a feature I used to have on my FIOS DVR and want to figure out how to get this to reappear on the Roamio. Does anybody know how to make this happen?

9. Dec 4, 2013 #9 of 12
    aryndub

aryndub New Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Sorry to jump on the bandwagon, but is it possible to sort the groups by something other than recorded date? Original air date or episode number would help greatly. I've accidentally played episodes out of order due to the sorting and assumption that the bottom listing was the oldest episode.

10. PLargent

PLargent New Member

Nov 13, 2013
    FIOS...
    I am often trying to watch two live shows by switching between them. For example watching two football games simultaneously. The back button does not flip you back to the other game. The only way to make this happen is to double press the TiVo button or press the right ">" button. Then I read a few screens and make a few clicks to go from the one I am on to the other one on a different tuner.

I like to leave one paused when I watch the other so I can flip back to where I was. If I type in the cannel number then that tuner goes to the channel and the "live buffer" is erased.

Is there an easy way to switch back to the last tuner I was watching?

11. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Hitting record will help avoid issues with dumping the live buffer...

12. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001
    North...
    Yes. "Enter" (bottom right key) will swap you back and forth between the last two channels tuned.