1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get Out Alive With Bear Grylls S1E1 - 7-8-13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by fmowry, Jul 9, 2013.

1. fmowry

fmowry Active Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    I liked the premise more than the show. The survival part was great until they started eating fish eyes and drinking their own pee.

They've got glacial streams right there. Why the need to drink their own pee? That sort of turned the show into Fear Factor instead of a survival show for me.

Might watch it again as they hopefully got the stupid Fear Factor stuff out of the way.

2. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    I am in. I enjoyed it. I saw the eyeball and pee not as a fear factor stunt but as showing them what it could take to survive. Sure, they had a glacial stream there, but that is not always the case. And as we have seen on his survival show, sometimes you have to do the extreme to survive. I think that is what was being shown to them.

3. BrettStah

BrettStah Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 12, 2000
    San Antonio
  4. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    The hippie on Dual Survival was laughing about this. He said pee is too salty and will only dehydrate you faster. The other guy somewhat agreed, but used it to wet his lips and mouth to try to fool his body into thinking it was getting liquids. Or something like that.