1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game of thrones -Valar Morghulis-s2e10 6/3/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by zordude, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Jun 3, 2012 #1 of 275
    zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    I don't know exactly what I wanted in the season finale, but I feel like I didn't get it.

The wide shot of the undead army at the end was cool.

2. Jun 3, 2012 #2 of 275
    audioscience

audioscience Droppin' Science *

Feb 10, 2005
    Beantown
    Daaaaaymn! I think they saved their CG budget for this episode so we could finally see the dragons and some white walkers

3. Jun 3, 2012 #3 of 275
    gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Those dragons looked amazing.

Loved that Dany kept her promise that those who wronged her will be destroyed. Or something like that.

4. Jun 3, 2012 #4 of 275
    NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    Questions.

Last time we saw Stannis (previous episode) he was captured. Now he was back at his castle? Did I miss something?

So Qarth was all fake gold/jewels? (all show?)

Can someone explain difference between whitewalkers & wildlings? Didn't realize till just these past few episodes they were different...

What was up with dude changing faces? Huh?

5. Jun 3, 2012 #5 of 275
    chronatog7

chronatog7 Ill 'Gotten Gains!

Aug 26, 2004
    Miami, Florida
    Dragons looked awesome. I like the episode. After Blackwater, it was a view of things to come and how the pieces fell after the dust settle. There were three very strong "love" scenes. I was happy to see Drogo.

6. Jun 3, 2012 #6 of 275
    zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    Here is my take on the questions:

Stannis- he wasn't captured he was dragged away by his own men before he could be captured

Qarth - the gold/jewels on display were real, but the guys claims about being rich were lies and it was all for show. I believe someone here even suspected the vault was empty

Whitewalkers - supernatural boogeyman tha people tell stories about.

Wildlings - normal people that live beyond the wall, usually in small tribes and unorganized

Jaqen - caught me off guard, had to change faces sinces Jaqen is "dead". I wish arya went with him to learn how to kill for the red god

7. Jun 3, 2012 #7 of 275
    Legion

Legion New Member

Aug 24, 2005
    White walkers are some as yet completely understood entity. The fan theory is they are an undead of sorts. Wildlings are the humans that live north of the wall. They follow the old gods and are tribal.

Hagr and his changing face is a Faceless Man. You will learn more about them in the next few seasons. Basically, they are skilled assassins who can change their appearance to blend in or get away.

8. Jun 3, 2012 #8 of 275
    pendragn

pendragn Active Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    The white walkers are the undead. That was shown last season when the dead man became a white walker at the wall. That's also why the wildlings burn everyone they kill, to prevent them from coming back as white walkers. Tonight when they burnt Qoren Halfhand a wilding said, "I wouldn't want him coming back after me."

tk

9. Jun 4, 2012 #9 of 275
    cherry ghost

cherry ghost Active Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago

The undead are called
    wights
    . A White Walker is what you saw riding the horse.

10. Jun 4, 2012 #10 of 275
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    So let's see. We have fire dragons beyond the Narrow Sea. We have ice zombies beyond the Wall.

So I guess eventually they get together and sing a song?

11. Jun 4, 2012 #11 of 275
    tlc

tlc Member

May 29, 2002
    Alright! Another zombie show!

Damn. There was a really good line I wanted to remember...

12. Jun 4, 2012 #12 of 275
    MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Yeah. That was me.

I also said that Breinne would cut Jamie's jewels off. Right action. Wrong guy.

I said that Tyrion would get dissed.

I said that Dany & the dragons could toast the house.

Totally unemcumbered by reading the books.

13. Jun 4, 2012 #13 of 275
    john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I thought Brienne looked rather clumsy during her fight with the three men. I was expecting her to be more controlled, with precise and deliberate movements. But she seemed to flail around instead. She was quick, but did not seem like an expert with the sword to me.

14. Jun 4, 2012 #14 of 275
    Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Altadena, CA
    Looks like they're analagous to the Dune universe "Face dancers."

--Carlos V.

15. Jun 4, 2012 #15 of 275
    markb

markb Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego
    I don't really understand what happened at Winterfell. Who burnt down the castle? Theon's men as they retreated?

16. Jun 4, 2012 #16 of 275
    madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    You aren't supposed to know what happened to Winterfell I believe. Plus this has played out differently than the book, although not so much that they can't end up in the same place.

17. Jun 4, 2012 #17 of 275
    LordKronos

LordKronos New Member

Dec 28, 2003
    So what did we see there at the end? Was that just an army of White Walkers separate from Mance Rayder, or is Mance Rayder a whitewalker? I saw lots of the gray camouflage outfits the wildlings wear, and earlier this season we did see cooperation between a wildling (the dude that marries his daughters) and a white walker.

What was Varys after in the brothel? Was he just trying to locate shae, or was he after something more?

I figured stannis was going to come back darker than before, and it looks like we are on track.

I wasn't so thrilled with the whole Dany scene...especially the ending. It just didn't feel like this show. Something about the way it was produced. It also felt rushed...like they tried to squeeze too much into too little time. I know that's how the entire show is, but the rest of it doesn't really feel rushed.

So what happened to all of the men waiting outside of winterfell? Where did they all go to, that the iron men were able torch the place and then just waltz away? Was the whole horn thing a ruse they put on to torment Theon?

Disappointed (but not surprised) that Tyrion got absolutely no credit. Not surprised Joffrey dumped Sansa for Margery (though I am surprised it took so much prodding). Did I see correctly, was Sansa relieved and smiling while walking away? As stupid as she's been, I figured she'd run away crying or something? Guess she should have gone with the Hound.

18. Jun 4, 2012 #18 of 275
    cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I hate the way Joffrey sits on the throne, slumped to the side like he's too cool to sit up straight.

Sansa should have exited, stage left with the Hound. Girl can't do nothin' right.

The principal from Community underestimated Dany and her dragons. So much for his magic.

I hope Tyrion gets his revenge next season.

19. Jun 4, 2012 #19 of 275
    Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    since you touched on every topic I wanted to get to, I figured I'd chop up your post for my purposes!

As I understand it, The Wildings/Rayder and the White Walkers are 2 separate entities. The Wildings are just as afraid of the WW as people south of the wall. But the big ender for the season is the reveal of the size and organization of the WW army

I thought it was the head spy recruiting a spy to work for him (and spy on Littlefinger). Especially now that Littlefinger has risen very high and got Harrenhall. He is now a much bigger threat and Varys is putting his pawns in place.

Same here. I thought at least she would declare herself the queen of Qarth; not get a little ship and go home!

I thought Theon would be handed over to the men outside (and that still may have been). But Winterfell burning seems strange. My theory is that Yara told the men to bring Theon home by any means necessary. They knew he would not listen so they knocked him out and burned the place down to cover their escape. The siege men are not there because they are chasing the Iron Island people.

Sansa is back on my total idiot list. She should have gone with the Hound. I hope Joffrey rapes and tortures her!

(I can't believe I just wrote that last part!) :eek:

20. Jun 4, 2012 #20 of 275
    heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    It was a couple white walkers, the ones on horses with the ice-looking swords, leading many more wights. The wights are reanimated dead creatures (human, horse, etc). Everyone, Night's Watch and wildlings alike, is afraid of this bunch.