1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game of Thrones - "Garden of Bones" - s02e04 - 4/22/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Apr 22, 2012 #1 of 176
    photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Probably the best opening sequence of any show ever. Qarth was new or was that in the last one? Looks like Dany and her dragons found a fabulous place to regroup.

Loved seeing Robb's wolf again. I cannot remember what the name is though. Someone help me out. I think little Robbie has a crush.

I just love Tyrion so much "that was a threat, see the difference?" and then Bronn "there's no cure for being a c unt" heeee
    I'm so glad he sent poor Ned's head back to his family. And the way he saw right through Lancel and knocked him right down to size. Now he has himself a little spy. Brilliant! He continues to be the most awesome person on my screen.

Argh. Joffrey needs to die right now. What a little prick. I need a weekly slap if he's to appear in the episode.

Someone tell me why I like Baelish so much. He's such a snake. Lying out his arse about Arya. Speaking of... Where the hell is Arya and Gendry? Some kind of prison that just kills them off one by one via rat torture?? That was some nastiness. Ugh. I think I read about something like that in a Stephen King book once. Gendry saved by the bell! Ha, Tywin took one look at her and knew she was a girl.

Renly and Stannis having their little stand off was as expected. Neither of them are going to back down. I'm surprised either bothered. So that entire cave birthing thing with Melisandre? Creeeeepy. What in the hell was that thing?? Yikes.

2. Apr 22, 2012 #2 of 176
    6079 Smith W

6079 Smith W Minister of Truth

Oct 2, 2000
    Airstrip...
    Robb -> Grey Wind
    Arya -> Nymeria
    Bran -> Summer
    Sansa -> Lady
    Rickon -> Shaggydog
    Jon Snow -> Ghost

They are in Harrenhall

3. Apr 22, 2012 #3 of 176
    chronatog7

chronatog7 Ill 'Gotten Gains!

Aug 26, 2004
    Miami, Florida
    Qarth is new in the opening. I love when they opened the city gates.

Robb's wolf is called Grey Wind.

Gendry is at Harrenhall. Is an old castle which was shown for the first time as well in the intro.

Overall, best episode of the season.

4. Apr 22, 2012 #4 of 176
    Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    !Texas
    I was confused at the end. Was the onion knight charged with taking the red priestess to the island to give birth to something? The way the conversation went I thought Stanis was asking him to kill her.

5. Apr 22, 2012 #5 of 176
    Ereth

Ereth Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Jacksonville...
    Oh no. He took her to the island so she could do her task. Rather compelling place to end the episode!

6. Apr 23, 2012 #6 of 176
    Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    From their conversation, I thought he took her to shore to defeat Renly's army with her magic. Still possible that I'm right!

I love it when new places are shown during the opening credits. I looked for any kind of sigil on the 2 new places but found none (no surprise about Quarth, since it's on the other side of the sea).

7. Apr 23, 2012 #7 of 176
    JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    How good a swordsman can he be? He's been stabbing Renly for years, and Renly ain't dead.

8. Apr 23, 2012 #8 of 176
    steverm2

steverm2 New Member

May 9, 2005
    cape cod,ma
    When the gates of qarth opened I thought"wow,finally somewhere thats bright and inviting".I dont think it will end up being that way.

9. Apr 23, 2012 #9 of 176
    photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Thanks for the info. I remembered only Lady and Ghost. And Harrenhall was the other new location I didn't know what it was in the opening. That makes sense. This place is owned by the Lanisters, is that right?

Qarth as the 13 corrected Dany. ;)

LOL I forgot about that line. So everyone knows about it. Didn't realize that until that moment.

10. Apr 23, 2012 #10 of 176
    fmowry

fmowry Active Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    The first line of the EW recap sums it up for me.

"I love this season, but I'm having a hard time following it"

New locations, new people, remembering how all characters are related. It takes me an extra half hour to watch this show between rewinding, and turning CC on and off to catch what people are saying. Still love it after I figure everything out. Then I watch the EW recap to get the names of new characters or locations.

I was burning through some other shows on the DVR including "Are You There, Chelsea" and happened to watch this one right before I watched Game of Thrones which mentions Peter Dinklage:

11. Apr 23, 2012 #11 of 176
    billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Harrenhal is the castle that was granted to Janos Slynt by Cersei last season, but then Tyrion took it away from him. Tyrion also just dangled it to Littlefinger last episode.

It was destroyed by Dragonfire by the Targaryens a long time ago, which is why it looks so black and terrible.

I believe it is something like 3x the size of Winterfell.

12. Apr 23, 2012 #12 of 176
    Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    !Texas
    I had a hard time with the dialogue in that scene and I can watch BBC shows without captions :D
    Thanks.

13. Apr 23, 2012 #13 of 176
    photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Love this review
    http://www.tv.com/news/game-of-thrones-congratulations-its-a-whatever-that-is-28450/
    A couple of the better parts:
    and
    Ha!

14. Apr 23, 2012 #14 of 176
    LordKronos

LordKronos New Member

Dec 28, 2003
    Joffrey is a tough man with his crossbow. I really hope then when he dies (he's gonna die, right....please let him die), it's going by crossbow.

Stannis - Call Maury. That baby is black. You are NOT the father :) Not sure what to make of Melisandre's "baby". I was doubting the extent of her powers before, but not anymore.

Arya kept reciting names. I heard "Cersei" and "The Mountain" a few times, as well as a few others I don't recall right now. What was she doing? Praying for their deaths? Getting mentally ready to start dropping names if she got picked? Speaking of which, oooh, that's a pretty nasty way to kill someone.

Re: the black member of the 13, did I hear him correctly? Did he suggest that he was Dothraki?

15. Apr 23, 2012 #15 of 176
    billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Arya's list was included Joffrey, Cersei, and Hound, then she added the Mountain and Polliver during the torture scenes. I would call it a prayer, yes.

Xaro Xhoan Daxos said he was from the Summer Isles, which is south of Westeros.

16. Apr 23, 2012 #16 of 176
    photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Okay that was damn funny. I just alarmed those around me with my laughter.

17. Apr 23, 2012 #17 of 176
    LordKronos

LordKronos New Member

Dec 28, 2003
    That review mentions that there have been several things changed from the book this season. The only one I recall reading about so far was in episode 1
    the show had Joffery order the bastards killed, not Cersei

What other things have changed? Please answer in spoiler tags for the sake of others.

18. Apr 23, 2012 #18 of 176
    fmowry

fmowry Active Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    I'll bet every recap equates the smoke baby to LOST. EW did too.

19. Apr 23, 2012 #19 of 176
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    No, he said he was a savage like the Dothraki (he's from the Summer Isles, whatever those are), and they let HIM in the city.

And now he runs the place, which might not be a very comforting precedent... :D
    As long as they don't get Titus Welliver to play the baby, they should be OK...

20. Apr 23, 2012 #20 of 176
    LordKronos

LordKronos New Member

Dec 28, 2003
    OK, I didn't catch that. I thought he said something like "a few Dothraki won't destroy the city....I didn't", which I took to mean he was Dothraki.