1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game of Thrones - 4/14/13 -"Walk of Punishment"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by SoBelle0, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Apr 15, 2013 #1 of 188
    SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!! TCF Club

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    Egads! Poor Jaime! And I can't believe I'm thinking that.
    I love Jaime and Brienne as besties. :) He's real when he is talking with her, for whatever reason she brings some down-to-earthiness to him.

Who was the guy who saved Theon? Do we know him yet?
    I've not read the books...

So curious to know what amazing talents that young boy will have to Shepard with Tyrion and Bronn. What a hoot!!

Oh, and why did Danaerys (??) only stop to give the one man water? There was a very long line of them...
    I couldn't believe she gave up a dragon. Is there more to that? Will it return to her once she beckons it? From no matter how far away?
    Just wondering aloud.

Love this darn show! Why does it have to go so quickly?

2. Apr 15, 2013 #2 of 188
    Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Altadena, CA
    The internet has a new "Like a boss" meme picture.

--Carlos V.

3. Apr 15, 2013 #3 of 188
    john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Well, it is not like he lost the use of his legs and has to be carried around by a guy who only knows one word...

4. Apr 15, 2013 #4 of 188
    DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    My recording got screwed up and I lost sound during the last minute or so, as that guy was sticking the knife in Jaime's eye. What did he say before he chopped off the hand?

5. Apr 15, 2013 #5 of 188
    vertigo235

vertigo235 Active Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    Said he was nothing without his daddy, and maybe "this" would make him remember that. Or something to that effect.

6. Apr 15, 2013 #6 of 188
    Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    OMG. OMG. OMG.

now that THAT is out of the way...

I think the slave army guy is not long for this world. The dragon will kill him and go back to Danny.

The scene when Tyrion and Bronn discovered the boy's (Prod?) talent was fantastic. Replayed it 4-5 times!

7. Apr 15, 2013 #7 of 188
    audioscience

audioscience Droppin' Science *

Feb 10, 2005
    Beantown
    Pod

8. Apr 15, 2013 #8 of 188
    Jstkiddn

Jstkiddn Shutity up up up

Oct 15, 2003
    Not having read that far in the books I did not know that was coming. :eek: I yelled out so loud that my husband called from the other room asking what was wrong.

I know, me too! What's up with that? Because then I remember.......

.......and it's hard to feel very sorry for him.

I'm very conflicted.

9. Apr 15, 2013 #9 of 188
    audioscience

Feb 10, 2005
    Beantown
    That's what is so great about this series is that you're always caught off guard and nothing is ever quite what it seems. :)

10. Apr 15, 2013 #10 of 188
    Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I wonder if there is video of that guy who went crazy when they killed Ned...I wonder what his reaction was to Jaime losing his hand :p

11. Apr 15, 2013 #11 of 188
    Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    Another awesome scene was the chair arrangements for the Council meeting :up: :D

Glad to see Tyrion getting a good job. I thought there was a chance he might defect to the Starks after his last conversation with dear old dad!

Poor Jon Snow. Now he's separated from Igrit. The poor guy is never gonna get laid!

12. Apr 15, 2013 #12 of 188
    Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    3 posts in a row as I slowly recall the packed show...

Poor LittleFinger...he has to trade Sansa for crazy woman (Lysa?). I doubt it will change his plans for Sansa, but that is one crazy person (and her son!).

13. Apr 15, 2013 #13 of 188
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Tyrion's gratitude is a wonder to behold.
    Good job? Are you kidding?!?

Talk about being set up to fail! He has to finance Joffrey's every whim. At least Littlefinger only had to finance the whims of a drunken womanizer...

14. Apr 15, 2013 #14 of 188
    audioscience

Feb 10, 2005
    Beantown
    And the Eyrie and all that's in it.

15. Apr 15, 2013 #15 of 188
    Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    Oh, I know...the "poor littlefinger" comment was just about who he is to marry. He is getting everything he wants. Title, land, ...etc.

I wonder if he gets Harrenhall as well; which is already supposed to be the biggest (land-wise) and very wealthy (I mean, eventually, if it's back in Lannister hands). Or if this is in lieu of.

16. Apr 15, 2013 #16 of 188
    Jstkiddn

Jstkiddn Shutity up up up

Oct 15, 2003
    Does Lysa have any say in the marriage or is it just decided for her?

17. Apr 15, 2013 #17 of 188
    Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I assumed it was negotiated via r-mail.

18. Apr 15, 2013 #18 of 188
    photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    (Just a warning, I plan to use gifs to make points ...... because I can - they are in spoilers just in case they annoy you)

WOW. I don't even know where to start. I guess with the most obvious.

Did that really happen? They took Jaime's hand? Oh man. I think I actually screamed. Then sat open mouthed like an idiot while the credits played. Did not see that coming even a little bit. Well I have to keep reminding myself that this is the guy that shoved a child out of a window in hopes that he would die so his incestuous relationship remained a secret. Because everything about Jaime so far this season has been awesome. From his back and forth snark with Brienne to his compassion for her being almost raped to him getting his hand chopped off. This face right here gave me feelings I don't want about him.
    [​IMG]
    He basically saved her life. And then I have to wonder would the rest after that have happened if he had just remained quiet? Ugh.

And I'm sorry but Tyrion is just the best. I mean just this alone
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    made the episode for me. Just watching them all sit there so uncomfortable.
    But Master of Coin? I don't get why Twyin did that. I thought at first that Baelish seemed annoyed by it but then later when he and Tyrion were discussing it, not so much. I guess becoming Lord of the Vale is better than having Harrenhal and being Master of the Coin. I get why this is a smart move but is he just going to show up and say "hey crazy woman and weirdo kid, we are going to be a family starting now" and they'll agree? Can she not say no? I'm unclear on that.

And the scene with Podrick was hilarious too.

Then we have Sam and Gilly and the baby, we all knew was going to be a boy. Sammy don't even. I know he's going to do something stupid. I just know it. Why was Craster being such a dick about letting them come back? Because of Jon Snow? Speaking of, what was up with Ghost?? Avoiding Craster??

Robb letting Edmure (had to look that up) have it on the strategy thing with Tywin was very informative. So Robb was winning and now he's losing? Is that what's going on here?

Okay to Theon. WTF was all that. The same person that saved him in the woods is the same person that freed him right? Looking up names, apparently it's not entirely clear who this kid is yet? But it would seem he's Ramsay Bolton? Is this the "bastard" we assumed had been holding Theon? Why would he free him then? I'm so confused STILL on the whole Theon thing. I'm afraid to look further because I'll just read something that will ruin future so I assume we are supposed to not know what's going on here.

And last but not least. Dany. WTF ARE YOU DOING GIVING YOUR DRAGON AWAY??? She's joking right? She's really just going to have the dragon bbq that jerkoff right? I can't believe she'd ever really trade one of them. I just am not sure why she bothered making the deal then if she's just going to back out of it. Why not just send the dragons in and take what she wanted??

I'm going to have to watch the previews again for next week. A few times!

Oh and new opening for Riverrun!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

19. Apr 15, 2013 #19 of 188
    jehma

jehma Active Member

Jan 22, 2003
    NJ
    Love your gifs!

I read the books and I felt the same wait about Jaime at this point as you do. Lots of shades of grey in these characters.

20. Apr 15, 2013 #20 of 188
    photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Thanks! And I'm glad I'm on point with the Jaime feels. Yes pretty much every character is in the grey at this point. Except maybe the kids.