1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Futurama season 7B

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by rolybert, Sep 25, 2012.

1. rolybert

rolybert Here comes Santa

Oct 1, 2008
    The North Pole
    Any insider info into when it will start?

2. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Active Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    All I've seen is "sometime in 2013" :(

3. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Comedy Central's Futurama seasons always start in June. They make 26 at a time, and air 13 in one year and 13 in the next. This is why, if you have the "Volume 6" discs and listen to the commentary tracks, they don't know when the episodes aired.

Is there any reason to expect they would do anything different now?

4. rolybert

rolybert Here comes Santa

Oct 1, 2008
    The North Pole
    That sucks:( Well we may get one more this year if they do another holiday spectacular like season 6

5. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Highly unlikely - they would not have aired a 13th episode during the summer if they had a holiday episode to air. The only Comedy Central season that has had a holiday episode so far was in 2010, and they only aired 12 during that summer.

Note that CC aired two new episodes on the last night of the 2012 season. My theory is, they thought there was going to be a holiday episode they could hold onto until November, so they only allocated 11 weeks to the show (the first night is always two new episodes), but when they found out they didn't, they had to air the last two new episodes on the final night.

6. MHunter1

MHunter1 TiVo Bug Hunter

Oct 11, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Looks like season 7-B will start in June 2013 as expected according to the end of the first paragraph in this Comedy Central press release:

www.comedycentral.com/press/press_releases/2011/032811_futurama-renewed-for-26-new-episodes.jhtml

I deleted my Season Pass to prevent clutter and set a gCal reminder for May 31, 2013, to check IMDB or Wikipedia.

In the unlikely event Comedy Central surprises us with a Holiday episode, we'll be bombarded with promo ads during their other shows well in advance.