1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Futuram - Series Finale (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by type_g, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Sep 5, 2013 #1 of 17
    type_g

type_g Member

Sep 9, 2002
    Well i watched each and every single Futurama episode. Loved the series in whole. It had its up and downs. Last nights episode, The Finale, was a decent close to it. Little sentimental, little corny and still funny.

Sad to see it go but it was time, maybe time a season back but a good wrap up.

2. Sep 5, 2013 #2 of 17
    That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    In a way, there will be one more episode - a crossover with The Simpsons. I think it's planned to be the 2014-15 Simpsons season premiere (not to be confused with the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover that's planned for Family Guy, either at the end of the upcoming season or the start of the 2014-15 one).

Also, I wouldn't be too surprised if Fox is considering bringing it back in, say, January of 2015, in case Murder Police (assuming it's still called that) crashes and burns and there's a hole in the Sunday night schedule (since American Dad is moving to TBS after this season).

3. Sep 5, 2013 #3 of 17
    trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    Nice of Comedy Central to "play along" with the storyline, immediately following the finale with a rerun of the first episode.

4. Sep 5, 2013 #4 of 17
    kdmorse

kdmorse Active Member

Jan 29, 2001
    Germantown, MD
    Title screen made me giggle ;)

[​IMG]

5. Sep 5, 2013 #5 of 17
    That Don Guy

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    But I thought Professor Farnsworth said it would only send everyone back to just before he invented the time button - not all the way back to December 31, 1999.

Speaking of time...if it has been 13 years, then why isn't Hermes' son Dwight in his 20s by now?

Also, if you count the Futurama Video Game, we know how everything ends:
    Mom buys Planet Express, which gives her ownership of 51% of the entire planet; Professor Farnsworth ends up in a head in a jar, and Fry, Leela, and Bender are all crushed to death when one of Mom's giant robots falls on them.

6. Sep 5, 2013 #6 of 17
    windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    It did send everyone back to before he invented the button ... it's just that the very next episode aired happened to be the first one.

Bart Simpson has been in the 4th grade for what, 25 years now? ;)

7. Sep 5, 2013 #7 of 17
    Polcamilla

Polcamilla Still up here...

Nov 7, 2001
    Technically he said it would send everyone back to the moment he first conceived of the button. Borrowing a page from Back to the Future, that could easily be any time well before he walks into the room and introduces his new invention to everyone.

Fry, naturally, goes back to the "beginning" because he's possibly not yet entered the Professor's timeline when the Professor first thinks of it. Realistically, that means that he'd go back to sometime in the middle of being frozen, but from a narrative standpoint that makes no sense. If we follow Fry's perceptions and the loop starts while he is still frozen, then there's no reason not to tack back on the immediate situation pre-freezing that would be vividly in his memory.

8. Sep 5, 2013 #8 of 17
    That Don Guy

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    At least The Simpsons changes its own past to fit the chronology (for example, a relatively recent episode has Marge attending college in the early 1990s before getting pregnant with Bart, even though an episode from early in the show's run says that Bart was born in 1981.

What Futurama did was similar to a recent Family Guy episode where Brian and Stewie go back in time 10 years and meet themselves, despite the fact that neither of them were alive 10 years ago.

9. Sep 5, 2013 #9 of 17
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Timey-wimey...

Oh, wait, wrong show.

10. Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    :):) FUNNY!!!!!!

11. Sparty99

Sparty99 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Ferndale, MI
    Did anyone catch the little in joke?

Fry: I never tell Leela I love her!
    Bender: You've told her like 140 times.

If you count the movies as 4 episodes as they aired on TV, last night was the 140th episode.

12. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Oh, that's sweet!

I loved the little moments-like

Leela's "Frozen" dad at the wedding-with his toothbrush in hand :D

Bender to the kid on the octopus: Would you like a corn dog?
    Kid: Yes, please!
    Bender: Well, your mom should have bought you one! :p;)

Fry and Bender scamming the diamond guy-Bender never changes, and he is such a bad influence on his "meatbag" friend Fry....:eek:

13. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    We DID pause the bit of the first episode rerun (necessary due to the !@$!@$!@$ timeslot overrun), and the little animal's shadow *WAS* in there..

but none of us know for sure if it was retroactively added back in!

14. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Funny, I looked for Nibbler's shadow as well but didn't see it.

15. ihatecable

ihatecable Crazy Collies

Apr 16, 2003
    Long Island,NY
  16. squint

squint New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    I probably still have a recording of the original broadcast on Digital8 tape somewhere.

17. JerryLBell

JerryLBell Active Member

May 3, 2002
    So did I! Does that mean 6 more weeks of Episodes?

I wish...