1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Date on Recordings

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by michael1248, Apr 1, 2014.

1. michael1248

michael1248 New Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Is there a setting that would allow me to see what year I recorded some shows? I've had some shows since I first got my Premiere and was just curious what actual year I recorded them. I can only see the month and day from the info screens.
  2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    Press INFO while on the program screen.
  3. unitron

unitron New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    Did that change with the premiere of the Premiere?

'Cause on S2s and S3s, that only gets you original air date, when you might have recorded a later re-run.
  4. d_bondi

d_bondi New Member

Mar 16, 2014
    I'm only seeing "First Aired"
  5. telemark

telemark New Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Some of the PC software will show the full date / year recorded, so this is limited by the Tivo display.
  6. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    The whole "first aired" thing is subjective to the show itself, which is annoying.

Some recordings show the "first aired" like "Today" as the first episode ever 1/14/52 while other shows like "Glee" show on the day it aired 4/1/14
  7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra Cable only

Dec 7, 2012
    Very annoying. Continuum tonight is a "new" season and the date shown is for Canada.
  8. L David Matheny

L David Matheny New Member

Jan 29, 2011
    The first-aired date is supposed to be the date on which this particular episode first aired, but as you say it's often misinterpreted and ends up being the date on which the first episode of the series aired. That may be harmless for most news shows since everybody knows they don't repeat, but it causes confusion in other cases.