1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSI Possibly Showing Incorrect Space?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by supersportsfan, Apr 22, 2012.

1. supersportsfan

supersportsfan New Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Ok, I have quite the frustrating and perplexing problem...I keep having multiple recordings deleted, as if I have no space left...yet the free space indicator says I am only 70% full. The recently deleted folder is empty. The system info screen says I have something like 15 gigs free. It seems like the drive is maxed out at 70%...I have no clue what to do. It it really frustrating to keep losing recordings that I want to watch...

Anyone have a similar problem? I am stumped...

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    There are a couple of other threads I've read with similar complaints, but my search capabilities are impaired at the moment.
    But know you are not alone.

3. supersportsfan

Sep 15, 2005
    Yeah, I did search earlier and saw one recent thread that seemed to have something to do with a prior scheduled recording getting stuck in the todo list, but I checked and didn't have that symptom...I just restarted for the second time and am going to try to go over 70% again. I'll see how that works.

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    One of the things I do when I get a TiVo is to fill up the hard drive to see if there are any issues when it's full while I'm still within the 30 day window. I did this with both my Elites(err XL4s) as well. It's always best to find out if there are any issues with the box while within the return period. So you put it through it's paces and check out all the connections as well

5. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    I'm guessing you use a lot of KUID? My understanding has been that it only reports actual usage, but also will locks up capacity for scheduled KUID items. This results in items being cleared from recently deleted and otherwise deleted with the (!) indicator to make sure the space is allocated for the KUID.

6. supersportsfan

Sep 15, 2005
    So just to report back, after 3 restarts I seem to have got it to finally go over the 70% mark...so it seems to have been some weird bug.

The weird part is I have had this Premiere since release and have never had a problem like this, having filled the hdd on multiple occasions...I just suddenly noticed that it began to happen about 3 weeks ago. I kept noticing recordings missing randomly, but didn't actually realize it was maxing out at 70% until last night. Regardless, hopefully it doesn't happen again...

7. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Interesting.

Which version software do you have? This could possibly be helpful for others who find this thread...