1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fox Soccer to become 2nd FX Channel, FXX

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by robojerk, Jan 17, 2013.

1. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    I'll just quote the important pieces..

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/fx-x-fx-twice-as-good-or-half#KELKPy6FShKM2Zg1.99
  2. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Can't wait until they decide to create a third channel, FXXX.

"You know, Fox turned into a hardcore sex channel so gradually, I didn't even notice."
  3. The Flush

The Flush Anonymous User

Aug 3, 2005
    This is mostly because they lost the rights to English Premier League soccer, which will be on the various NBC channels next season. I wonder how much of the other soccer programming they have will remain?
  4. lambertman

lambertman To see you, Nice

Dec 20, 2002
    From what I've read (more speculation), their remaining soccer would slide over to Fox Sports One (currently Speed) or Fox Sports Two (currently Fuel).
  5. Squeak

Squeak An Inert Gas

May 12, 2000
    Thanks for the info and reminder. With the USWNT season being over, I need to turn off Fox Soccer.
  6. jjd_87

jjd_87 Member

Jan 31, 2011
    I can't see them moving first run episodes of any of their comedies to a channel that most people don't get. I have FX but FSC would cost me an extra 7 bucks a month. Most are in the same boat.
  7. The Flush

The Flush Anonymous User

Aug 3, 2005
    Fox Soccer is included as part of the DirecTV Choice Extra package now and does not cost extra. I think this was part of their preparation for the change to FXX. I am not sure what tier other providers have the channel on.
  8. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Vegas Boy TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Nice. A channel on my cable that I might actually watch.
  9. scottjf8

scottjf8 Dada and Kaya.

Nov 11, 2001
    Dude that's seriously funny. Nice work.
  10. Archangel00

Archangel00 New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Hell yeah. SoA and Justifed needs to go full frontal nudity. Enough with the teasing. :D
  11. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    I was wondering if this was because soccer on US TV just doesn't make it, or if there some shift in soccer coverage. I had forgotten that EPL had moved to NBC next year. I didn't even watch this channel, so for me, this is definitely a net gain. Sounds like they are doing here what TBS did with their two entertainment networks.
  12. Squeak

Squeak An Inert Gas

May 12, 2000
    I didn't know that. I had subscribed to the Sports Package just so I could get Fox Soccer for USWNT.

Thanks for letting me know.