1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fox Renews New Girl, Raising Hope & Glee

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Apr 9, 2012 #1 of 38
    photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
  2. Apr 9, 2012 #2 of 38
    MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Raising Hope!!!!!!!

One of the best shows

3. Apr 9, 2012 #3 of 38
    Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    :up::up:

I don't watch the other two shows (wife watches Glee), but considering RH was supposed to be iffy to get renewed, I'm happy. Love the show.

4. Apr 9, 2012 #4 of 38
    BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    Burn in HEL.....

Nevermind.

5. Apr 9, 2012 #5 of 38
    That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    My question is, do they keep Hope aging "normally", or do they skip a year or two?

(Also, I'm pretty sure this guarantees a fourth season of the show - if Fox was willing to give 'Til Death a fourth season at bargain basement rates (so it could be syndicated), I don't see Fox pulling the plug on any other sitcom after three.)

6. Apr 9, 2012 #6 of 38
    gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
  7. Apr 9, 2012 #7 of 38
    mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yeah for New Girl.. But now, actually air it in the timeslot it was intended, with no overlap..

8. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I enjoy New Girl and Raising Hope very much. Raising Hope really has some amazing episodes. I always find myself missing Earl when I watch it though. Burn in hell NBC!!!

9. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Pretty sure Glee was renewed for two years last year so this is not news.

10. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Good for The New Girl.

I may be done with Glee after I finish this season. It lost it's heart and made most of the characters unlikable.

11. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Yeah I just deleted 6 episodes on my DVR, realizing as I attempted to start watching one of them, that I no longer like this show or any of the characters on it so why bother catching up.

12. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    I've got something like the last 8 saved on there and may do the same thing. I stopped watching early this season for the same reasons you and other people have -- silly plots, inconsistent characterization, general unlikability. It's a shame. That first season had some real problems -- fake pregnancy, anyone? - but at the center was an actual good show that made it easy-ish to tolerate stuff like that. Now there's just nothing there. (Or at least there wasn't eight episodes ago, when I stopped watching. :p )

13. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I have been keeping up with Glee. It is OK. I suspect the next season may be the last, unless some really good characters step up.

14. That Don Guy

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Yes, it is - well, not really, as Glee is the most profitable scripted live-action primetime show on TV today (plus the fact that the producer has already said that they have plans for Rachel now that there's not going to be a NYADA spinoff series, and I think they have already asked the actors to start committing to next season; the last I heard, Dianna Agron (Quinn) is still a "maybe"), but the only two-year renewal was at the end of the first season.

Okay, a number of "Gleeks" have said that they'll stop watching the show when the first set of seniors graduate, but how many people who said they'd stop listening to The Beatles when Pete Best was replaced by Ringo Starr (or would stop watching Cheers when Shelley Long left) actually followed through on that?
    Besides - they have started putting "Lima University" mentions in episodes, so I expect quite a few of the seniors to end up going there (unless Harry Shum Jr. wants to spend more time with the Legion of Extraordinary Dancers, I expect Lima U to have "one of the top dance departments in the country" so Mike will end up going there, and if Dianna does return, expect Quinn's medical bills (and some jab at insurance companies disguised as a reason they won't pay) to use up her Yale college fund so she has to attend a cheaper, closer school).
    In fact, if the show makes it to a fifth season, I wouldn't be surprised if McKinley High burns down (probably "a cheerleading stunt gone horribly, horribly wrong") and Will, Emma, and Sue end up at Lima U as well.

15. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    The multiple, mysterious renewals of 'Til Death had little to do with FOX and everything to do with Sony wanting to get the show into syndication so they gave FOX a smoking deal. Since FOX didn't really have anything else in the live action comedy department at the time, and didn't have anything else to air on Friday nights, they went along with it. Who doesn't like (nearly) free content?
    I stopped watching Glee after the first couple episodes of this season. At the time, I just got behind and intended to catch up later, but realized I had no desire to catch up and I haven't missed it.

16. That Don Guy

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    That was my point concerning Raising Hope - what makes you think whatever company produces it won't give an equally "smoking deal" to Fox for a fourth season if that's what it takes? (I wouldn't be surprised if whoever makes Community doesn't do the same with NBC to lock in a fourth season.)

As for "Fox didn't have anything else to air on Friday nights," the last season of 'Til Death only aired 3 episodes on Fridays before being moved to Sundays (and there were some episodes that aired only in the west because of it). Fox is doing a similar burnoff with I Hate My Teenage Daughter this June.

17. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Your original post said:
    I was simply pointing out that it wasn't really a FOX decision, it was a studio decision that FOX simply benefited from.

18. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    The title of this thread can be read to say that the amount of hope and glee in the country is being raised by Fox renewing "New Girl."

19. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I can go along with that :)

20. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    My hope and glee were raised when I heard the news.