1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found a show I can't stop watching

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Talon, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Talon

Talon Chally!

Dec 5, 2001
    MD, USA
    Has anyone seen the show "Descontrol" on Telemundo? Yes, it's in spanish and I don't care. I can't stop watching the innocent looking spanish bikini girls dancing around. They play a mix of spanish and american music. It's addicting.

Saturdays at 1PM eastern time on Telemundo. So very nice in HD.

Descontrol site
    Youtube clip from the show

:up::up::up:

2. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    HAHA, Scared to watch that clip at work

Telemundo is always fun/funny :D

3. Talon

Talon Chally!

Dec 5, 2001
    MD, USA
    Understand. :)

Can't say for sure if it's work safe. There is no nudity but there are some tiny bikinis.

:D

4. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Ha! It's like MTV's Spring Break every week.

5. kdelande

kdelande TiVo-Wobble

Dec 17, 2001
    Louisville,...
    I can't add anything about this show but since it's on Telemundo I will say...

A la cama....a la cama....a la cama con Porcel :D That is the extent of my TM knowledge but that damn theme song is very stuck in my permanent memory.

6. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Is it MORE or LESS fun if you don't understand Spanish? I understand a few words, but not enough to hold a conversation.

7. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Reminds me of Caliente on Univision back in the day...I couldn't stop watching it either.

8. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Ya mean we can't get an alternate English audio track on SAP? :p

9. Talon

Talon Chally!

Dec 5, 2001
    MD, USA
    Good question. I don't understand spanish and find it fun to watch. ;)

10. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I say this because years ago, before WWE became popular, I used to watch the forerunner of the WWE, the WWWF on the Spanish language channels in NYC as that was the only place you could find them. Part of the fun was watching the commercials in Spanish, which were hysterical, partially because I had no idea what they were saying :) (The WWWF shows were in English, even on the Spanish stations).

11. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I searched for this and it doesn't appear in my guide. So I checked and Telemundo has Olympic coverage from 7am to 4pm this Saturday. Maybe the show is on hiatus until after the Olympics? Telemundo has lots of Olympic coverage.

12. Talon

Talon Chally!

Dec 5, 2001
    MD, USA
    Yeah, I think you are right! That sucks. Luckily I have one unwatched on my DVR. ;)

13. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    In the first days of UHF television - when about nobody had TVs or the the tuners to pull in the UHF stations - channel 44 in Chicago showed teletext news and very dark & murky films of bullfights from Mexico and "Kaleidoscope" which was a 30 minute show, listed as such in the TV guide, literally looking through a kids kaleidoscope on the camera. It was very impressive on my 13" black and white TV. That trick was invented by Ernie Kovacs.

14. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I used to watch bullfights and Jai Lai on some weird station when I was a kid. That is when UHF was over an antenna. I also watched kick boxing.

15. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    No Spanish required. Chicks in skimpy bikinis is a universal language LOL :D

16. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    It reminds me of my fascination with Xuxa in the early 1990's. Xuxa is Brazilian but she did a Spanish language children's program at the time that was shown on Univision. I didn't have young kids and I don't speak Spanish but I watched the show every week. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAC8B_N_o7g this is her in a guest appearance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGsXw11D0yA this is the opening to her Spanish show

She originally had a kid's show in Portuguese in Brazil. After the success of the
    Spanish language show she got an English language show but it only ran 1 year and flopped badly. She's still active in tv in Brazil.

17. Sacrilegium

Sacrilegium that weird guy

Dec 14, 2006
    For some reason I find Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes hilarious in Spanish. I can accept that apes have developed language and culture and weaponry. I can accept time travel and all kinds of other stuff. But chimps speaking Spanish just cracks me up. I accept that they can speak, but not Spanish!

18. Mikeyis4dcats

Mikeyis4dcats Active Member

Oct 2, 2003
    that silver bikini top :)

MTV called, they want The Grind back.

19. rrrobinsonjr

rrrobinsonjr New Member

Nov 25, 2004
    Northern, VA
    Bad job titling your thread. Please change to include the name of show.