1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum confuses IE9 "Back" list

Discussion in 'Forum Operations Center' started by porges, May 6, 2012.

1. May 6, 2012 #1 of 10
    porges

porges Member

Feb 28, 2001
    With Internet Explorer 9, the forum is consistently putting the urls for ads in the "Back" button list, meaning that it takes me 3 or 4 clicks on the Back button to go back one page. I've attached an image with what the list looks like.

Attached Files:

• tcf.jpg
      tcf.jpg
      File size:
      101 KB
      Views:
  2. May 6, 2012 #2 of 10
    stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    That's because the forum displays the ads as their own pages that you click through. You can pay for a "membership" which disables the ads, or use an ad blocker.

3. May 6, 2012 #3 of 10
    pteronaut

pteronaut Killer of Threads

Dec 26, 2009
    Still, 'frames' shouldn't appear in the history.

4. May 6, 2012 #4 of 10
    porges

porges Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Yeah, it doesn't happen on either Firefox or Chrome, and I don't think it's always been like this either -- I've had my machine for over a year and just noticed it recently.

5. timckelley

timckelley TCFer

Oct 15, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Yes, this only started happening very recently for me. If this is normal SOP, why is it only now starting to happen? It sounds like either a problem with latest upgrade of IE, or a problem with TCF.

I used to use the back button all the time, primarily to back out of a thread back to the User CP. This latest new behavior is kind of inconvenient.

6. Krosis

Krosis The Bearded One TCF Club

May 9, 2004
    Illinois
    It's happening with IE8 as well as on my Android phone's browser, which I guess is a Chrome derivative. Very irritating.

7. bbrown9

bbrown9 Member

Mar 12, 2011
    It's worse than annoying. Sometimes I get "Error not found" for the ads - which wouldn't be all that bad actually except that tends to make loading the page you want to see take a long time as the ads error out. Sometimes I have to close the browser and start again.

And yes, this is recent. I didn't have this problem a few months ago. And this is the only site where I've seen it happen.

8. timckelley

timckelley TCFer

Oct 15, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Hey, today it's not doing this anymore. The back button now works correctly. :up: I hope it stays like this.

9. porges

porges Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Also fixed for me.

10. timckelley

timckelley TCFer

Oct 15, 2002
    Austin, TX