1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Former TV stars who you would make a point to watch their new show

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Steveknj, May 15, 2012.

1. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Seeing that Matthew Perry of Friends fame has gotten ANOTHER new show and that the network has made a point of advertising that he's a part of it, makes me wonder. Are there any former TV stars that, no matter what the premise of the show, you would make a point to watch because (s)he's in it?

2. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I only watched Ringer because of Sarah Michelle Gellar. I never would have watched it without her. If she does another TV show I will watch that as well.....good or bad.

3. allan

allan Can't think of one

Oct 13, 2002
    No star gets a free pass from me. I did try Touch (Kieffer Sutherland), and Ringer (Sarah Michelle Gellar) partly because of the stars, but there has to be more than that to get me, and even more to keep me interested.

4. Bob_Newhart

Bob_Newhart My Custom User Title

Jul 14, 2004
    Houston
    Justin Bateman

David Cross

5. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Believe it or not, William Shatner. I watched that stupid sitcom with him in it and enjoyed it.

6. allan

allan Can't think of one

Oct 13, 2002
    Yeah, he was partly why I tried TJ Hooker, waay back when.

7. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I will try a show because of a few people. I will only stick with it if it is a decent show.

I like any of the Firefly, West Wing, Arrested Developement, or Scrubs stars. I thought those shows were cast very well, and have started following those people.

From Seinfeld, only Julia Louis Dreyfus interests me. The rest have not been able to do a decent followup.

I am waiting for shows with the people from Chuck, especially Yvonne Strahovski. I will tune into them.

8. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Leonard Nimoy. Although, I don't how long that can last.

Jennifer Aniston.

9. Hot4Bo

Hot4Bo Finally an Avatar! TCF Club

Apr 3, 2003
    South Florida
    Tom Selleck! I'm totally hooked on Blue Bloods now but I doubt I would have started watching if he wasn't in it.

10. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    She might be one of the few I might tune it because SHE'S in it.

11. leeherman

leeherman Active Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Michael Chiklis (The Commish, The Shield, No Ordinary Family) and Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars, House of Lies)

LH

12. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
  13. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I really liked that stupid sitcom too and was bummed that it didn't come back. It really was kind of dumb, but I thought it was funny.

I must say, however, that I partly watched because I really like Nicole Sullivan and Will Sasso. They should have their own show.

I find that I watch a lot of shows because the star is somebody I really like. I love Fran Drescher and watch her show for that reason. I do like the show. Yeah, it's kitschy but I didn't expect it not to be. I also began watching 'Hot in Cleveland' because I really like all four women who star in it. I really like Kristen Johnston so I watch her show and am glad it is coming back. I guess this became an ad for TV Land (not intended). :)

I loved Oz and watched a lot of shows that had the stars from that show. They are all over the place. Two of them are doing pretty intertaining insurance company (two different companies) commercials.

14. Lori

Lori Social Defective TCF Club

Feb 20, 2000
    Bowie, MD USA
  15. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    Richard Ayoade and Matt Berry (The IT Crowd, Garth Merenghi) - they crack me up.

16. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    My wife will watch anything he is in.

17. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Do you mean Jason or Justine?

18. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I rarely watch British TV and I only watched The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret because of him. It was a great show!

19. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    Ricky Gervais and Nathan Fillion are two I can think of offhand.

20. Bob_Newhart

Bob_Newhart My Custom User Title

Jul 14, 2004
    Houston
    Actully, either. But Jason is good.