1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Former DirecTV TIVO Sub

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tgoulart, Dec 21, 2013.

1. tgoulart

tgoulart New Member

Dec 21, 2013
    New England
    Former sub with lifetime on 3 boxes. I moved from my home to a condo that doesn't allow dishes so I am stuck with cable. Called TIVO and they can only set me up as a new TIVO sub with no credit for having paid a lifetime subscription.

I want lifetime subscription. Do I have any options other than paying full boat for the box(es) and lifetime subscriptions?

2. sbourgeo

sbourgeo Hepcat Daddio

Nov 10, 2000
    New England
    No, not really. The TiVo service on the DirecTV combo boxes is technically "DirecTV DVR" service and is considered a DirecTV product. If you want to use the TiVo retail hardware with cablecard/OTA then you need to buy the hardware and get the service directly from TiVo.

I still have two active DirecTV combo units with grandfathered lifetime service that I bought almost twelve years ago. I'll be phasing them out over the next few months in favor of the 6 tuner TiVo Roamio with lifetime service I just bought. :D

3. tgoulart

tgoulart New Member

Dec 21, 2013
    New England
    Thanks. Thought that was probably the case. Not in the house yet, so I have some time to plan what I actually need. :)