1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale: two lifetime 1Tb Series 3 units

Discussion in 'Buyer/Seller Area' started by MapleLeaf, Apr 25, 2013.

1. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Redmond, WA
    After upgrading to a Tivo Premiere 4, I have two Series 3 units for sale. One is a Tivo S3 (TCD 648, the one with the OLED display and two cable-card slots) and the other is a Tivo HD (TCD 652, the one with a single cable-card clot). Both units have lifetime service. Both units have been upgraded with Western Digital 1Tb drives (the S3 has a WD10EVCS and the THD has a WD10EARS). Both units come with all original accessories (the remotes were unused, as I have a universal remote) and original packaging. For shipping, I will place the original Tivo box in another box filled with padding such as packing peanuts and/or air bags.

I'm asking for $375 each, plus shipping. Payment must be through Paypal from a verified account and shipped to a verified address.

Please PM me if interested.

2. May 7, 2013 #2 of 10
    MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Redmond, WA
    Haven't had any takers. Drat, looks like I'll have to go the dreaded eBay route. But before doing so, let me take one more stab here and lower the price. I'll drop it to $325 each and I'll eat the shipping charges (to the continental US only).

3. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Redmond, WA
    Hmm... I've run into a bit of an issue that I hope someone can help me with. Someone interested in one of my units contacted me via PM, but when I tried to reply back, I got the following error message (user's name has been replaced with XXXXX):

XXXXX has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.​

Now, I don't want the person to think I'm ignoring them, but at the same time, I don't know how to contact them given this error. Does anyone have any advice regarding the best course of action for contacting this user while still respecting their privacy?

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Let me know the users name and I will look into it.

5. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Redmond, WA
    The S3 OLED has been sold to another forum member, but I still have the Tivo HD (TCD 652) available. Lifetime subscription, upgraded 1Tb hard drive, all original accessories and packaging. $325, and includes free double-boxed shipping to anywhere in the continental US.

6. Bwatford141

Bwatford141 Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    Would you be willing to sell it w/o the hard drive?

7. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Redmond, WA
    Never occurred to me that anyone would want it that way, but sure, I can sell it to you without the hard drive. I'll follow up with you via PM.

8. Jun 1, 2013 #8 of 10
    MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Redmond, WA
    I wasn't able to reach a deal with Bwatford141, so the Tivo HD (TCD652160) with lifetime service and 1Tb hard drive is still available.

$325, which includes double-boxed shipping to anywhere in the continental US.

9. Jun 4, 2013 #9 of 10
    JOL

JOL New Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Mapleleaf, I may be in the market for a TiVo w/ lifetime. I will PM you today.

10. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Redmond, WA
    The THD has now been sold as well. Thanks all!