1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football and Baseball recorded in Spanish?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by WillH, Oct 12, 2012.

1. WillH

WillH New Member

May 26, 2010
    North Atlanta
    Guys,

Something weird going on with my Tivo. A couple of weeks ago I was watching the Braves/Cardinals playoff game on FOX which I was recording and all the sudden there was no sound. I fast forwarded and rewound and still no sound. I stopped the playback and restarted it and the sound came back but was in Spanish. All the commercials were still in English but the play by play was in Spanish. I stopped and restarted again and then I got the English back. Thinking is was an isolated incident, I forgot about it.

Then last night I recording Thursday Night football on NFL channel and when I went to playback, it got to the play by play part of the game and it started up in Spanish again. Mind you, the commercials and pregame were all in English like they were supposed to be. I tried the FF and REW and nothing. I tried stopping and restarting the game and nothing... Still Spanish.

I checked the SAP settings and nothing was selected or had changed. I have had the Tivo for 2-1/2 years and never experienced this. Is this a cable (comcast) issue or is this something with the Tivo? Funny that it is only sports shows (so far).

Thanks.

EDIT: Could this has something do to with a BLACKOUT? The program description for the football game shows Blackout in the description but I don't understand why it would record anything at all if there was a blackout and why would NFL channel broadcast a blackout game. I live in Atlanta and the Steelers/Titans game was in Tennessee???

2. WillH

WillH New Member

May 26, 2010
    North Atlanta
    Bump.

Anyone got any ideas? Could Comcast be sending the wrong program data which goofs up the Tivo?

Mucho Gracias.:D