1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food Network Star

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by bryhamm, Jun 10, 2012.

1. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    The title changed for tonight's episode. Check your To Do list to make sure it is picking it up.

2. SullyND

SullyND L:45-21 TCF Club

Dec 30, 2004
    Chicago Burbs
    !@#!$# Thanks for the heads up. That's crazy.

3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Arrgh! Why!?

Manually set for the midnight re-airing. Thanks!

4. dbranco

dbranco Member

Nov 20, 2003
    I HATE when they do that!! And what was the point, except to screw up our season passes?? Thanks very much for the heads-up -- I missed last night's recording but luckily they repeat several more times.

5. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    Missed until the repeat here as well. Oddly enough, my Windows 7 Media PC got it recorded without issue, but the TiVo missed because of the name change.

At least it recorded from the manual record selection for the later airing, but agreed with all of the above about the stupidity of the last minute name change :mad:

6. Ruth

Ruth Now with toddler

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    How asanine. I saw that it didn't record, and I even checked my recording history and to-do list just in case it had been a weird glitch. I didn't see anything for this week, so I concluded there wasn't a new episode aired for some reason.

How freaking annoying to find out the problem was a name change that served no purpose. Thanks for explaining what happened! Luckily there are lots of repeats I can record.

7. Hot4Bo

Hot4Bo Finally an Avatar! TCF Club

Apr 3, 2003
    South Florida
    I came home about 11PM and noticed it didn't record. I got further confused when I looked in my history and it said something about it being deleted from the guide. I did get the later showing but until I saw this thread, I had been thinking something was going wrong with my S2.

Thanks!

8. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    What a freak show, eh? I didn't even realize that I was missing this episode until yesterday (Monday). The odd part was that when I checked in the 'to do' list history it gave the reason for not recording it noting that I had already recorded that episode in the last 48 hours (or something like that). Tivo lied.

Glad it's re-airing tomorrow (Wed) night. Stop doing that, Food Network. :mad: And, in the middle of the season? gadzooks.

9. HerronScott

HerronScott Active Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Yeah wife was unhappy that evening but we caught the midnight showing. ToDo list history reported it had been removed from the Guide. So what did they change the name to?

Scott

10. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Scott - Just for that one episode it was changed to Food Network Star: Guy Fieri - or something like that about Guy after the colon.

The odd thing was that it changed back AFTER Sunday so my SP picked up one of the additional airings after I manually chose another one. Really weird. All seems normal again, last time I checked.

11. HerronScott

HerronScott Active Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Thanks, I was just curious what they changed it to.

Scott