1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flakey netflix on TiVo HD and premiere

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by kidvicious1973, Feb 19, 2013.

1. kidvicious1973

kidvicious1973 New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Past few days while streaming Netflix on two separate TiVo dvrs I keep losing connection. At first I thought it was my cables. When it started happening on the other box I figured my router was the problem. I reset it. I still have the same problem but I can stream to several Xbox and ROKU boxes with no issue. The connection loss clears after a few seconds. Has anyone else had this same issue?

2. abqdan

abqdan New Member

Aug 29, 2012
    There are numerous threads about the piss-poor design of the Netflix and HuluPlus apps on the Tivo. Some of the blame may rest with the companies - they design these apps for the Tivo box - and some with Tivo, in that their implementation and underlying hardware doesn't seem to handle these streams well. WD HDTV, Wii, PS3, Xbox, and most new TVs can handle these streams without interruptions or pixelation, but the Tivo box can't. I finally gave up and bought a Roku box to go with my Tivo so that I wouldn't have the frustration any more.

3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    The TiVos handle the Netlfix streams without difficulty. My TiVos streaming Netflix have been more solid streaming titles than any of my other 12+ Netflix streaming devices. Which include Roku2 boxes, Xboxes, a PS3, Boxee Boxes etc. Typically on my TiVos, it quickly ramps up to 1080P24 and stays there throughout the entire title. No pixelation issues either.

My other boxes are more likely to drop down to a lower encode than my TiVos are. And the Premieres also play the SuperHD encodes without difficulty which are the 4.3Mb/s and 5.8Mb/s streams. While the normal 1080P streams are only 3.8Mb/s.