1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fix and add Apps

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by dadrepus, Mar 24, 2013.

1. dadrepus

dadrepus Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Firstly, I can't believe the Amazon App does not allow Prime customers to watch their "already paid for" content that other systems (Roku to name 1) allow. Fix this!
    Next, please approach the Plex developers into building a client for Tivo. They already have one for Mac, PC, Linux, Google tv, IOS, Roku, Apple TV, Android,... You're missing the boat.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The current Premiere hardware does not even meet the minimum specs for AdobeAir apps. So even though a lot of services have AdobeAir versions of their apps for the Samsung smart TV platform they either wont run or run too slow on the TiVo Premiere.

There is speculation that a new TiVo Premiere will be released this fall with a much faster chip that should be capable of running all these apps. We're hopeful that once that's out a lot more developers will start releasing apps for the TiVo.

3. mikeyts

mikeyts Stream Warrior

Jul 10, 2004
    San Diego,...
    TiVo Premiere already uses Adobe AIR. From this year old tech blog post:
    The TiVo┬« Client SDK for AS3 Developer’s Guide extensively discusses how to use Adobe AIR for TV in TiVo applications.

TiVo's implementation of the Netflix UI is not the most responsive I've seen but its as responsive as it is on the three Sony and Panasonic BD players and the WD TV Live that I own.