Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'TiVo Search Feedback - Beta Release (Archive)' started by nrc, Jan 7, 2009.
That explains it.
At this time (and perhaps for the future), TiVo Search is meant for HD displays.
Also, its the only thing on my menu that looks this way, just blurry, realy small font and wierd looking,. Hope it wil change when it because a normal item to use.
Ahh tanks for the info! I guess i better get the bf to throw in an HD flatscreen
Its nothing special IMO. Just has some nice pictures of TV shows and actors. It's kinda like an Apple product. Glossy and shiny but really nothing to offer. IMO, here is what would make this unqiue and special and not just glossy.
1. I should be able to study any tv show or film ever made, period.
2. Integrate Netflix, CinemaNow, Youtube, all seamlessly.
3. If the show/film is not coming on, tell me last time it was.
4. Integrate TiVo Desktop with the search to see if what you are looking for is perhaps stored on your PC.
Do these 4 things and you will have my approval.
Try amplifying the wifi signal or going hardwired. One thing I must say is the new search is quite fast for me. My wifi signal is always 88% to 100%
my first impression-
looks good. I like the functionality too.
2 quick thoughts-
1) I'd like a setting for font size- REALLY QUICK look through here seems some others have issues with fonts too- so maybe they could make it a setting for small, medium, large? I have a nice big 50 inch in the living room and sit a reasonable distant so love the current font there. But in my bedroom, we are farther away and it's only a 37 due to space contraints- so I'd like to be able to kick it up a notch.
2)- I'm not "feeling" the point of the pretty pictures up top. It's not clear how they are related to me. And how they act in the whole UI isn't exactly as simple as the general Tivo UI. I dont mind them being there, and actually like the eye candy even if i dont get why they pick what's up there. But maybe a hard line or something needs to be drawn so it's clear when that's being manipulated and when the text part is in play. I only played a quick bit som maybe this is more obvious over time- not sure tivo would like that though.
What do you mean amplify the wifi signal? How do you do that?