1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FIOS specific question

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by nealm, Jun 27, 2014.

1. nealm

nealm New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    I want to set up my TiVo Mini in the back yard to project onto a screen. I have a question about the FIOS outdoor box.

If I split the coax coming out of that and send 1 back into the house as it is now and run the second into the backyard, would my mini get a signal to connect to the Roamio in the house via MOCA?

Thanks.

2. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Make sure the splitter is adequate (1GHz or better) and it should be fine, assuming the Roamio is wired too.

3. nealm

nealm New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Thanks. My Roamio is wired. My backup is to run 50 feet of ethernet from the router out the window. I may still do that so I don't have to mess with the splitting.

4. Bigg

Bigg Active Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Hartford-...
    Yes. Typically splitting right off a cable drop would be a terrible idea because of signal strength, but the RF connection out of the ONT is so hot that it probably doesn't matter. However, I'd consider hard wiring a jack or one sort or another out there if you're really serious about the back yard thing.