1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FIOS - pixilation on Premium channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by bradleys, Sep 27, 2013.

1. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    I think I have read a thing or two on cable card issuer with FIOS, so I thought I would start a thread.

I am going to try a few different attenuatiors, but it is odd that it only happens with the premium channels.

Nope: as I expected, the attenuators didn't work. I know Margaret reported:

I hope that will fix the pixilation on Premium FIOS channels
  2. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
  3. bradleys

Oct 31, 2007
    Thanks - I knew I read something about it! Since I still have the Premiere hooked up, I will just wait until the update.

Btw - love the Roamio / mini combo! :)
  4. AdamNJ

AdamNJ New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Or go get a new cablecard from verizon that is at the proper level.
  5. bradleys

Oct 31, 2007
    I thought about it... But then I would just have to pair it agin. If they are really going to push out a fix in a couple of weeks I can wait.

I left the Premium channel SP's active on the Premiere, so I am really not being negatively impacted.
  6. bunjicat

bunjicat New Member

Jan 14, 2012
    I have been struggling with this issue since receiving my Roamio Plus. I spent 3 hours dialing in the signal sweet spot. Essentially what combination of splitters and attenuators would get me zero macro blocking. Comedy Central was the most sensitive channel so thats what I used as the benchmark. It seemed to be either to much or to little signal and it was a very fine line. Woke up the other morning to find the snr and signals had dropped dramatically over night. Great. This thing is a moving target. Spent an hour trying to get the sweet spot once again but could not make it happen. Called Verizon. When they attempted to "ping the cable card" they were unable. So we went through the process of deactivate/reactivate the cable card and reboot. Magically this worked. All the signals shot back up and the macro blocking stopped. I DO have the latest cable card recommended by Tivo. One thing I have noticed is Verizon tech seem to be more up to speed on the Tivo issues.
  7. hooper

hooper New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Man this is like Groundhog Day. Same silly problems that we had when the HD was launched. The Fios signal should not need to be attenuated to work with the Tivo. Period. With Fios, the cable signal is generated on premise. The signal should be very strong.

This is sloppy and could have been remedied before launch by field tests.
  8. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    Amen brother!
  9. TiVoMargret

TiVoMargret VP Product Dev, TiVo

Feb 2, 2008
    If you have an older version FiOS CableCARD, and want to verify the new update will solve your issue, you can sign up for our Beta program at:

and then send me email with the subject "FiOS CableCARD fix".

10. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    I've never needed to attenuate my FiOS signal beyond the eight way splitter that FiOS installed back in 2007. Although I did need to attenuate the Comcast signal when I had them off and on between 2007 and 2010.
  11. bradleys

Oct 31, 2007
    Done and sent!