1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finding auto delete programs?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by leiff, Aug 11, 2012.

1. leiff

leiff Member

Aug 24, 2005
    My tivo filled up and a bunch of shows were auto deleted. I was hoping I could go into the recently deleted folder to find them so I could re-schedule them to be recorded. Unfortunantly I can't find them there. Even though I know these shows were auto deleted today, there not shown on todays date of recorded history. I guesss that means they would show on the date they were recorded which is uselessto me since I don'tknow the date they were recorded. Finding titles in recording history would be hard anyways because it's full of titles saying not recorded for so and so reason usually regarding season passses.
    Is there a way I can find out what titles were auto erased?

2. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    No..

You might be able to check the recording history if they were recorded recently, but I don't think they will show up there.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The Recently Deleted folder only holds programs that can be restored. If your shows were deleted because of lack of space then those programs were overwritten and as such would not appear in Recently Deleted.

As for the recoding history... It lists shows by date recorded, so that's not going to be much help either.

If you use the Search in the HDUI it has a way to list entire seasons of shows, even if they're not in the guide, and allows you to record ones that are in the guide or setup Wish Lists for ones that aren't.

Dan

4. mblloyd

mblloyd Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Ditto to what Leiff said EXCEPT my pre-Olympics programs that were deleted have automatically been set to re-record. I did nothing to make this happen. Of course, it helps that most of the programs were on networks that regularly rerun their summer programs.
    This make sense?

5. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    Automatic re-recording makes sense if they weren't recorded successfully in the first place, maybe due to some problem with the signal. That can cause the attempted recording to be deleted immediately after it ends. But if they successfully made it to the My Shows list (and were there after the broadcast ended), then I have no idea what happened.