1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Find my remote?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by TivoQueensDad, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Sep 7, 2013 #1 of 11
    TivoQueensDad

TivoQueensDad New Member

Jan 24, 2005
    NJ
    Just got my new Roamio Pro and back in the Tivo family after many years away. So far, so good, but one question at this point.

On their blog, Weaknees says "The Plus comes with an RF/IR remote, and unlike the Roamio, the Plus has a “Remote Finder.” If you misplace your TiVo remote, just press a button on the Roamio Plus’ front panel and the remote will emit a signal to help you locate it. "

What button is this? I can't find anything on Tivo's website that describes the butttons / lights on the front panel. The included owner's manual says...oh wait, there's no included owner's manual.

2. Sep 7, 2013 #2 of 11
    Gary-B

Gary-B Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Texas
    When you press a button on the remote, watch for the yellow light on the front of the tivo. That's what you press, pretty neat feature but the sound from my remote is hard to hear.

3. Sep 7, 2013 #3 of 11
    markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    [​IMG]

I don't have a Roamio yet, but I think it's the ~red button on the left with the peanut icon... Though, I may be wrong.

4. Sep 7, 2013 #4 of 11
    TivoQueensDad

TivoQueensDad New Member

Jan 24, 2005
    NJ
    Thanks - that was in.

Any idea if this info is online at Tivo's website? What other features am I missing because they didn't tell me?

5. Sep 7, 2013 #5 of 11
    aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I thought it was yellow? I know everytime there is a button press a yellow circle flashes. I had to put two light Dims over it because the flashing yellow light it too annoying.

6. Sep 7, 2013 #6 of 11
    NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo

May 11, 2001
    Riverdale,...
    Ha! I forgot about this... just tried it for the first time... love that it's the Tivo theme from the intro video. :)

7. Sep 7, 2013 #7 of 11
    A J Ricaud

A J Ricaud New Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Hacienda...
    The yellow light flashes when it receives a button press from the remote when in i.r. mode.

8. Sep 7, 2013 #8 of 11
    aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I get a yellow flash from any button press. RF and IR.

My Premieres and Minis also behave the same way.

9. Sep 7, 2013 #9 of 11
    ThreeSoFar

ThreeSoFar FourNow...WaitFive

May 24, 2002
    Baltimore
    Roamio defaults to RF. Yellow is RF. Red is IR if you turn it on. I think that's what I read. I believe that is TiVo+C (hold) and TiVo+D(hold) disables it.

But my new Roamio's remote has no blinky on it at all. defective?

10. ramiss

ramiss New Member

Jan 29, 2014
    LOL. I love how you need the remote to find the button to then be able to find the remote!

Stand back! Geniuses at work!

11. ThreeSoFar

ThreeSoFar FourNow...WaitFive

May 24, 2002
    Baltimore
    Troll? Is that you?

Anyway, the button's on the Roamio itself--the one that makes the remote beep. If you don't know where your Roamio is, you might have to call your insurance company and maybe the police.