1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Find Folder on NAS Drive

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by srcohen, Dec 31, 2012.

1. srcohen

srcohen New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Have Premium XL4 and Seagate Goflex_Home (divided into "x", "y", "Z" folders).
    Want to put video files (or jpgs) on NAS for TIVO to play
    The TIVO can see the NAS, but I cannot find the "folder" it sees.
    Read other threads but they involve TIVO To Go.
    Can the TIVO play videos or jpgs directly from the NAS? and where is the "folder" it sees.
    Thanks

2. jcthorne

jcthorne Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    No, tivo will not play video files directly from a nas unless the nas has a Tivo media server ap such as pytivo running on it.

3. HockeyFan

HockeyFan Guest

Oct 9, 2010
    My nas is setup to use Iscsi .
    Each drive on the nas shows up as local
    disk on my computer.
    Pytivo & streambaby is easier to config
    using local disk paths.
    Before I did this TiVo could see the NAS,
    but not the folders.

There may be other solutions but this
    works for me.

4. mlippert

mlippert New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Massachusetts
    It's going to depend on what NAS you have (and what you've got running on it).

I have a Netgear ReadyNAS which has a DLNA and rudimentary TiVo support so I see it at the bottom of the My Shows list. When I select it, it shows a list of folders which I have identified to the ReadyNAS's DLNA server. This initially made me think that the TiVo would "see" any DLNA server, but that isn't true (at least as of today, supposedly it's a feature that's been mentioned before), it is only working because of the ReadyNAS's additional TiVo support.

So what NAS do you have? (edit: oops, missed that your NAS is a Seagate Goflex_Home, I can't tell what cpu it uses or if you can install other utilities for it to run such as pyTivo.)