1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FIFA World Cup Final listed on ESPN2

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by TiVoStephen, Jul 12, 2014.

1. TiVoStephen

TiVoStephen formerly TiVoOpsMgr

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA
    All,

We're working to correct an issue with data from Tribune for tomorrow's FIFA 2014 World Cup Final.

The game is NOT on ESPN2. We are removing that erroneous listing.

The game is on your local ABC station starting at 11am Pacific.

Your box should have corrected data before 4am Pacific.

If you have scheduled this game to record, please check your To Do list to make sure it lists ABC and not ESPN2.

Best,
    Stephen

2. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Active Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    The World Cup? Is that tennis?

3. TiVoStephen

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA
    They both have a lot of love.

4. LostInTheTrees

LostInTheTrees New Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Tivo screwed up royally on this one. I had a season pass to the World Cup. Everything had recorded correctly up until Sunday. I was out mountain bike Sunday afternoon and when I returned, there was NO WORLD CUP RECORDING!

Really, this is exactly what I spent $1100 for, so that Tivo would reliably record things like this. What the heck happened?

-Bob

5. Chris Fox

Chris Fox New Member

Oct 11, 2002
    Alpharetta, GA
    I'm not using Tivo (I have Uverse), but I did notice that the World Cup final had a different title than the other matches. So I had to set it to record separately...

Chris

6. TiVoStephen

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA
    Bob, very sorry.

At the last minute, ESPN changed their plans to air the World Cup Final on Sunday. Tribune, who provides the program guide data, couldn't fix the issue. We scrambled on Saturday to edit the data and distribute it to boxes. Anyone who had a Wish List or All-Channel Season Pass was able to get a recording (or anyone watching live). But for customers like you who had set up a single channel Season Pass, there wasn't anything we could do.

Very sorry again.

7. TiVoStephen

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA
    That may have been an issue for Uverse, but for TiVo users the title should have been the same.